STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Thread: Par5E?

*pokes head out of the Fog of the Real World, and speaks*

FWIW, I wound up just creating a character called "DO NOT DELETE" and entered all of the character class draggables in that character. Then I saved the character to an XML file just to be safe. In the short term I just dragged whatever I needed from the DO NOT DELETE character to other new characters as they were being generated. Eventually I created a module for them, and was able to copy over the XML from the character data to the module data with minimal putzing about with the XML.

*Crawls reluctantly back into the Fog...*
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Blog Entries
    I was just reading thru some old posts of yours Doc! Stop being so beholden to real life and come tinker some more.

FG Con 9 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 14-16 2016
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I was just reading thru some old posts of yours Doc! Stop being so beholden to real life and come tinker some more.

FG Con 9 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 14-16 2016
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    Amen to that!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I'm 90% of the way done with entering Advantages, and secondary skills have been done, complete with skill bonuses, etc. Thanks for your help everyone!

GB
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EDT) United States; GMT -4 hours

Game in Progress: AD&D 2e - Against the Zhentarim

OK...I am completely done! I've given the mod file to a friend to try out, as it works on my machine, but doesn't work on his at all. Thoughts on why he can't see it, even when going into the Data Module Activation area?

GB
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

I pulled it to another machine and examined it. Doesn't show. It is in the Modules folder, zipped with Windows compression utility, and named Castles and Crusades Advantages.mod. I shared it via Dropbox, as well as email with no change.

GB

If it isn't showing up it's usually because the module hasn't been stated as for that particular ruleset or it has been zipped up wrong. Make sure that you definition file shows the correct ruleset and that when you unzip what you zipped it is what should be there.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Figured it out...I evidently had a the files in a folder, and had just zipped the folder...when I fixed that error, it works fine. Oi...It must be Monday!

Thanks for the input all!

Thread Information