Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mori View Post
    I just don't see what the NPC-button is for i guess.
    In Fantasy Grounds, "NPC" is a term that covers both monsters and other characters run by the GM.

If you only ever use monsters direct from the bestiary, with no changes at all, then I can see that it might make more sense for you to have Encounters take precedence over NPCs. However, I frequently want to make small changes to a monster I'm using - or just assign a token to it - so I have to take a copy from the bestiary, edit it, and then access it in the NPCs area. I also like to build my adventures individually and export them as modules (to open in my campaign). I find it's best to have copies of all the monsters in the module, which again means dragging them to the NPCs area (and giving them tokens).

Blog Entries
    In 3.2.0 you will as GM be able to display NPCs or Encounters or Both or Neither... you will have control over most of the buttons within the Options.
    I too use them both. And I almost never use Items, Parcels or Quests.
    Every GM does stuff differently.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like 3.2.0 is going to be a massive update? Looking forward to it more and more when I see things about it being posted.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard View Post
    Sounds like 3.2.0 is going to be a massive update? Looking forward to it more and more when I see things about it being posted.
    Ohhh.. there will be tears too

Blog Entries
    Have you taken a look at this sticky? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Best-Practices

It puts together most of what has been suggested here and hopefully, if not explains why, at least gives you a recommendation on how to create and setup adventures. If there is something it you wonder about, you can just ask here or there and you'll likely get 5 answers

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    In Fantasy Grounds, "NPC" is a term that covers both monsters and other characters run by the GM.

If you only ever use monsters direct from the bestiary, with no changes at all, then I can see that it might make more sense for you to have Encounters take precedence over NPCs. However, I frequently want to make small changes to a monster I'm using - or just assign a token to it - so I have to take a copy from the bestiary, edit it, and then access it in the NPCs area. I also like to build my adventures individually and export them as modules (to open in my campaign). I find it's best to have copies of all the monsters in the module, which again means dragging them to the NPCs area (and giving them tokens).
    I dont think NPC = incl. monsters is exclusive to FG. I also assign my own tokens. Like a lot actually.

To every other DM out there: Is there any way I can communicate that I don't want advice? Can I like shut it off or something? ()
    -on hiatus-

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Have you taken a look at this sticky? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Best-Practices

It puts together most of what has been suggested here and hopefully, if not explains why, at least gives you a recommendation on how to create and setup adventures. If there is something it you wonder about, you can just ask here or there and you'll likely get 5 answers

This is actually the kind of advice I would have liked.

Please ignore my last comment, Dungeon Master *Bows*
    -on hiatus-

It's the Internet, you need to activate your filter and ignore the stuff you're not interested in and keep looking for the stuff you are. If you want to know something (and it's not available in the Wiki or via a forum search) then you're best to ask, so that you can get at least one helpful reply. Just be prepared for "you don't want to do it like that, you need to do it like this" advice. If it's not useful, just ignore it. We all do things differently and we all have opinions - some we keep to ourselves, some we don't. It's all pretty friendly here (much more friendly than most other forums) so don't be afraid to post. If you're not interested in someone's opinion then just leave it - don't stoke a debate, unless you want to, of course.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's the Internet, you need to activate your filter and ignore the stuff you're not interested in and keep looking for the stuff you are. If you want to know something (and it's not available in the Wiki or via a forum search) then you're best to ask, so that you can get at least one helpful reply. Just be prepared for "you don't want to do it like that, you need to do it like this" advice. If it's not useful, just ignore it. We all do things differently and we all have opinions - some we keep to ourselves, some we don't. It's all pretty friendly here (much more friendly than most other forums) so don't be afraid to post. If you're not interested in someone's opinion then just leave it - don't stoke a debate, unless you want to, of course.
    I concur. I guess I was naive thinking I wouldn't get the treatment just because I didn't actually ask ; -)
    -on hiatus-

Thread Information