STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Sum AC 23 but hit above 27

Hi, im not sure if this an update issue or if im getting older but i have a player that has a total AC of 23: 10 Base + 4 Armor +5 dex + 4 Effect=23
    Attachment 16032
    But i couldnt hit him with 23 nor 24, 25,26. Only with 27 and up.
    I am missing something???
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It's working correctly, the player has an AC:4 effect applied to him on the combat tracker, so 19+2x4=27 Just kidding!

Have you tried re-adding everyone to the combat tracker?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Im made more tests and it looks like has something to do with the Effect Targeting Enhancement (Extension).
    Then i read this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nt-(Extension) and dissable the extension but the issue persist.
    When i made the test with the said extension active i managed to make the effects works well with this config of the effect: Attachment 16040
    But it seems that with this config: Attachment 16041 and disabling the extension the bonus of AC doubles.
    Any idea whats happening?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    It's working correctly, the player has an AC:4 effect applied to him on the combat tracker, so 19+2x4=27 Just kidding!
    I read that but stopped at 27 and said "What???? didnt know the effect multiplies" lol.
    Let me try to re-ad....

Quote Originally Posted by Salva View Post
    Let me try to re-ad....
    No luck

Actualization #1: I make a test with this config: Attachment 16042 and worked well but with this one: Attachment 16043 it doubles the bonus.
    Isnt has to work with both or at least dont double the bonus in the second case?

Actualization #2: Ok i think i have been using the Effect Targeting Enhancement (Extension) from the begging so changing to normal mode has confused me:
    In normal mode you have to put in the targeting box who is the subject that will suffer the effect so has to be Targets and the effect has to be placed in the player (in this case).
    But in this logic if i put "self" in targeting box the only thing it should do is consider the bonus but if the player attacks itself right?
    So why it is doubling the AC for another subject?
    Last edited by Salva; November 4th, 2016 at 05:51.

Im made more tests and it looks like has something to do with the Effect Targeting Enhancement (Extension).
    Then i read this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nt-(Extension) and dissable the extension but the issue persist.
    When i made the test with the said extension active i managed to make the effects works well with this config of the effect: Attachment 16040
    But it seems that with this config: Attachment 16041 and disabling the extension the bonus of AC doubles.
    Thanks
    Can you try it in a brand new 5E campaign with no extension at all enabled? the effects targeting extension might have left some data in the campaign that is causing issues.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Actually no need. I can recreate in a blank 5E campaign. Looks like the AC is being doubled.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Actually no need. I can recreate in a blank 5E campaign. Looks like the AC is being doubled.
    My players will love this

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    My players will love this
    I tested it on NPCs - and it doubles for them as well!

Thanks
    Dont forget to consider this info, maybe can help identifiying and solving the issue.
    Thanks

Thread Information