5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    No, it shouldn't. As Moon Wizard says above it's just on the 4k per side limit and well under budget in terms of size.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

There are two different things to consider here:
    1) Image dimensions. As M_W says above: "Regardless of how much actual space they take up on disk, the whole thing is expanded fully in memory in order to apply all the layers." The image dimensions affect size in FG's memory and amount of time it takes to open the image. The larger the dimensions the more time it will take to open and the more memory it will use. File size on disk has nothing to do with this aspect.
    2) File size on disk. This effects the time it takes to share the image with players. The larger the file size, the longer it will take to transfer to each of the connected players. The image dimension itself doesn't effect image sharing time (other than a dimensionally larger image usually results in a larger file size).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

And I'm assuming that closing an Image window in FG does nothing to free up memory? Once the image is loaded, it's loaded, period, right? (I'm talking about the host here, not images shared with players).

I just tested it and when you open a map memory goes up and when you close it, it goes down again. Opening and closing a module full of maps doesn't affect memory at all.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

excellent, good to know!

Thread Information