5E Character Create Playlist

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 163 First ... 614151617182666116 ... Last
    Smoltok,

Look at my reply immediately above your response. Hopefully it helps as I had the same issue previously.

Damned Gwydion, you 're fuc... right !

Those blank autosound !!

Well, many thanks for your help ! I will sleep a little less silly

Excellent. Glad that was it!

Glad people got that sorted - thanks Gwydion (its hard to answer questions when you're asleep )
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Glad people got that sorted - thanks Gwydion (its hard to answer questions when you're asleep )
    But your an immortal demi-god. I mean if an elf only needs 4 hours can't you get by on 30 winks?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    But your an immortal demi-god. I mean if an elf only needs 4 hours can't you get by on 30 winks?
    Yes, I can get by on 30 winks (how the hell do you think I get all the Extensions, Videos and Wiki Pages done?), but I sleep for pleasure - don't you sleep for pleasure?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Is there any way to send an individual sound to a single player only? I'm pretty sure this can't be achieved from within Fantasy Grounds, since there is no way of knowing which PC is associated with which person in the Teamspeak channel. But can it be achieved using Syrinscape and Teamspeak outside FG? This would be great for haunts, and the suchlike...

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    Is there any way to send an individual sound to a single player only? I'm pretty sure this can't be achieved from within Fantasy Grounds, since there is no way of knowing which PC is associated with which person in the Teamspeak channel. But can it be achieved using Syrinscape and Teamspeak outside FG? This would be great for haunts, and the suchlike...
    Not in the current version - but it is possible in v2 (provided the player has Syrinscape installed as well) - I know, I'm such a tease
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Not in the current version - but it is possible in v2 (provided the player has Syrinscape installed as well) - I know, I'm such a tease
    I am looking forward to version 2, but my players are not likely to ever have Syrinscape installed - so I guess that means I won't ever be able to send particular sounds to individuals?

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    I am looking forward to version 2, but my players are not likely to ever have Syrinscape installed - so I guess that means I won't ever be able to send particular sounds to individuals?
    Yeah, I've been thinking about this too. I'm hoping that there will be some setting that is something like "Send to GM side only" and "Send to Players as well as GM". Even if all players have subscribed to Syrinscape (unlikely), the nature of Syrinscape is that a soundscape being played will sound different on each instance of Syrinscape - it's not a pre-recording, it's a bunch of sounds being played at different intervals. So each player won't be hearing exactly the same as the others, even if they all have Syrinscape installed. That will be mostly fine, but there will be some time when I want to hear exactly what the players are hearing, so I can time dramatic comments/descriptions with the sudden rumble of thunder, etc..

Don't get me wrong, I think the way Dulux is going with this is great - being able to play sounds/music on the player side without the need for a voice/audio channel is fantastic. But, I'd also like the option to just play stuff on the GM side and stream that via TeamSpeak (or whatever audio app I use) so that everyone hears the same thing at the same time.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 26th, 2016 at 15:53.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information