DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Harrow deck?

Harrow deck?

I'm contemplating using a harrow deck in a game. Has anyone created a module or extension to efficiently use one of those in FG?

I haven't seen one but would be interested too. I love the Harrow
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

I've done a bit of mulling over it for use in my next game. I had the vague idea to roll on a 54-entry table linked to images of each card, but don't know how/if you can do that, or if you could come up with something better than rerolling if you got a card that had already been drawn. I was just going to draw a card from a physical deck, then share the image with players.

Savage Worlds has a card-dealing mechanic, doesn't it? Is that something we can steal and reskin?
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Well, the output is a little klunky, but it works. Here's a module with a table of the 54 cards in the Harrow Deck.

If someone has xml/lua coding skills and give it a better layout, you're welcome to use this table as source.

I have one that I use as a token module. It comes with a table image (the card spots are outlined for GM ease). I can't post it here due to copyright, but if you can send me proof of purchase, I can share the module with you. It doesn't include a method of drawing cards as I do that with my physical deck while GMing.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    If you have an FG table it can output a link to an image in the chat window when you make the roll. Open and share.. seems easy enough.

Sorry .. I wasn't clear. You can add the link to the result of the roll by dropping the link box onto the table.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; January 28th, 2015 at 05:36.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blog Entries
    Exactly what Blackfoot said but try this as well.
    Export your table so you can reload it later.

Once a card is drawn - if you dont want that card to be drawn again you drag the table itself back into the table link field.
    Then if that field is selected again it just rerolls automajically.

Here is a sample - card 1 has already been drawn and adjusted.

The zip file contains my awesome cards with their amazing artwork.
    Unzip and drop them into the images folder - you will have to relink them Im afraid.
    The attached table may or may not work with your ruleset - I set it for these:

<ruleset>Maelstrom</ruleset>
    <ruleset>CoreRPG</ruleset>
    <ruleset>PFRPG</ruleset>
    <ruleset>3.5E</ruleset>
    <ruleset>4E</ruleset>
    <ruleset>5E</ruleset>

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Once a card is drawn - if you dont want that card to be drawn again you drag the table itself back into the table link field.
    Then if that field is selected again it just rerolls automajically.
    Took me a minute to figure out what you meant by that, but it works well. Thanks.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir Scout View Post
    Took me a minute to figure out what you meant by that, but it works well. Thanks.
    I am more dense than you, cuz I can't figure out what Damned means... Do you have a translation for dummy?

Take the link box of the table itself, right in the title bar, and drop it in the entry for the name of the card that gets rolled.

That help?

Thread Information