FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last

Thread: Sneak Attack

Quote Originally Posted by Fishypeanuts View Post
    In watching the videos, the fundamental difference is that my star icon tries to add a spell rather than a power. I am working on a Ninja (created in PCGen).

I have tried various ways to drag and drop the Sneak Attack function on to the Actions tab. One of the challenges with this is that Sneak Attack is under the abilities tab and it won't shift over when I hover over the Actions tab. I also tried opening the mini-viewer so I could drag across which also wasn't received by the Actions tab. Finally, I tried digging through the Special Abilities and Classes chevrons and there is no Sneak Attack listed.

Basically, I am doing it all wrong.
    You've posted about this in the 3.5E/PF and 5E forums - can you please clarify which RPG systems you're using? Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I am trying to do this in Pathfinder. My guidance from Zacchaeus was coming from an example created in 5e.

I have attempted to upload a screenshot of the example character where it shows Add Spell Class rather than the Powers function I see in some of the examples.

Also, I tried dragging from the Sneak attack on the right to the Actions on the left and that didn't work.

Really appreciate the support!

2019-06-26 (3).png
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am trying to do this in Pathfinder. My guidance from Zacchaeus was coming from an example created in 5e.

I have uploaded a screenshot of the example character where it shows Add Spell Class rather than the Powers function I see in some of the examples.

Also, I tried dragging from the Sneak attack on the right to the Actions on the left and that didn't work.

2019-06-26 (3).png

Quote Originally Posted by Fishypeanuts View Post

I have uploaded a screenshot of the example character where it shows Add Spell Class rather than the Powers function I see in some of the examples.

Since this is a post in the 5e forum I assumed that you were using 5e. If you aren't then post in the forum for the ruleset you are using.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Another way to do this: Add a power as El Condoro says above but instead of making it damage add it in as an affect. Right click and in the description add the following [Sneak Attack; DMG: 1d6] without the brackets. In targeting/expenditure change the target to Self and the Expend to On next roll. When making the sneak attack drag the effect onto your character before making the damage roll. When you make the damage roll this will add the extra damage to the roll. The benefit of using this method is that FG will use the damage type of the weapon when applying the sneak attack damage. This is useful if you are using different weapons which have different damage types. So your rogue could have a melee weapon doing slashing damage and a ranged weapon doing piercing damage. If you set up the sneak attack like El Condoro suggests then you will need to make sure that you add a line for each of the possible damage types otherwise the extra damage could be incorrect.
    This is what I'd like to do.

however [Sneak Attack; DMG: 1d6] is not working as is [Sneak Attack; DMG: 2d6]

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by ianw View Post
    This is what I'd like to do.

however [Sneak Attack; DMG: 1d6] is not working as is [Sneak Attack; DMG: 2d6]

Any suggestions?
    As noted in your other post; yes it does work. You'll need to say why it's not working - a screenshot or two might help us solve your issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

sab.png

Hi As you can see not working and not going away.

any help appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ianw View Post
    sab.png

Hi As you can see not working and not going away.

any help appreciated.
    Please include a screen shot of the combat tracker showing the effect applied to the actor.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

See screenshots; the first shows the state of play just before damage is rolled. The second shows the actual damage roll. Make sure that the effect has SELF as target and on next roll in expiry and that the effect has been applied to the PC on the CT and that the PC has properly targeted the NPC.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks, any idea how I can do that not connected to the game.

Do I need to create my own campaign, or wake the DM up again ? :-)

Thread Information