Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Heal effect without using the heal button

Sounds odd I know but what I am asking is:

If I want to add an ACTION using the Effect button and as part of that effect I want it to heal my character for a set amount what is the syntax for it? (if it is possible)

I have tried following the 5E Effects sheet and used "HEAL: 34 temporary" but it doesn't seem to work. Among the other things, I am trying to give my character some temporary hit points but do it with one button instead of multiple ones.

Am I barking up the wrong tree or does healing use different syntax then posted?

Thanks.

The effect button adds text to the Combat Tracker. It does not alter the character sheet. (Thus you will not get instant healing or damage from an effect action.)
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

You'll need to use a heal effect via the heal option when you are creating the effect. New Power -> right click -> Add Action -> Add heal. Click on the magnifying glass to get the heal dialog and enter the required healing information.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Are you trying to create a regeneration effect?
    If you want the target to be healed every time his turn comes up for a fixed amount then you can do:
    REGEN:34
    If you are trying to give him additional temporary HP each turn... then I don't think you can automate it... you need to target and hit the heal button with it set as temporary and a fixed number.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Thanks for the responses all. I guess I was hoping there was something for heals like there is for, example, ADVSAV or ADVATK. Guess not. Again, I appreciate the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsDen13 View Post
    I guess I was hoping there was something for heals like there is for, example, ADVSAV or ADVATK. Guess not
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsDen13 View Post
    If I want to add an ACTION using the Effect button and as part of that effect I want it to heal my character for a set amount what is the syntax for it? (if it is possible)
    I think we may need to clarify what you're looking for here. First, let's clarify terminology - an ACTION is usually a dice roll: attack, damage, save, heal, etc.. And EFFECT applies a modifier to the result of an action - it "effects" the action.

You can setup an ACTION within a power that heals 34 hit points:

You can change this to add temporary hit points if you want:

This is basically what Zacchaeus was trying to explain above, but was mixing action and effect terminology, when this is purely an ACTION, not an EFFECT.

@DragonsDen13 From your original post, this seems to be what you're looking for? Let us know...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Indeed I used incorrect terminology. I assumed (dangerous I know) that the OP wanted to use the effect button i.e. the running man icon and create an effect of HEAL:34 - which you can't do. As Trenloe says the correct action is to use the Heal Action rather than the effect.

Also, Trenloe why are you healing the Doppleganger
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Also, Trenloe why are you healing the Doppleganger
    'cause they look like a party member.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    'cause they look like a party member.
    Ah, of course!

Blog Entries
    Dopplegangers are people too!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information