STAR TREK 2d20

Roll on Table - Return a Chat frame?

Greetings,

I was hoping to create a slick way of rolling for a random rumor, and having a Chat frame returned that could be dropped to a player's chat window.

However, there is no formatting of the table entry, and I can't figure out how to include a link that is a Chat frame (that could be dropped on the player - like the image links in Craftzero's 'Roll on table - receive an image?' thread).

Any way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

- s.west

damned, your post shows:

Attachments Pending Approval
    chat-table-1.jpg
    chat-table-2.jpg

and it won't let me download them...

??

Blog Entries
    fixed

Thanks for that. I would have sworn that I tried exactly that... I'll give it another go.

Thanks, again.

- s.west

Alrighty...

That does what I need.

Thanks!

- s.west

Ok, I just got around (tonight) to implementing my rumors table, which was the subject of this thread.

It works as advertised. Thanks, damned.

My only question, now that I actually see the implementation, is: Why, when you drag a chat frame to a PC's portrait, doesn't it show up in the player's chat window as box text? It seems that the 'whisper' characteristic removes any formatting... why is that?

This is still usable, of course, and I still achieve the desired outcome, but it would be nice if it were formatted as box text...

I'm curious, more than anything else...

Thanks, again.

- s.west

Blog Entries
    add it a a feature request...
    i doubt there is a particular reason for it - its probably just the way it was done originally...

Whisper functionality was originally designed just for that - "whispering" between 2 people at the "table". It's more designed as out-of-character communication rather than story/character chat communication.

You can create the whole formatted text as a story entry and drag the story entry link to the PC portrait - this will share the whole story entry just with that PC - it will pop up as a separate window, not inside the chat window.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information