Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

The current state of the Fantasy Grounds chat room - and a recruiting message!

Dear Fantasy Grounds community, good day to you! Or good night depending on the location of your tavern on the map.

For a while now I've had this thought knocking on the back of my head on this topic - the current state of the Fantasy Grounds chat room. Over the last couple of years the amount of regulars has dropped to an all time low. There are only handful of us left anymore. This leads to the problem which occurs when new people drop by; they leave as soon as they see how few of us there are. Or they pop by and ask a question but leave before we have a chance to answer, mainly because there are so few of us and we might be idling.

So. I'm on a recruiting mission. The chat room consists of us community members, GMs and players alike. We are brought together through our love for role playing games and gaming in general. We generally discuss about Fantasy Grounds, different game systems, the games we're prepping, our latest adventures or just remember fun times - but any topic goes, we just love chatting with like minded individuals. Although we are not an Official support for Fantasy Grounds, we do try and help to solve whatever problem you might have if we are able to (or available).

So now this falls on you, the beloved Community Member. If this sounds like something you might enjoy, join us in our little corner of the Fantasy Grounds Community at https://fg2.rpg-vault.net/

We can't grow if no one'll show.

Thank you for your time.
    -XpressO
    Last edited by XpressO; October 25th, 2014 at 12:39.
    Ultimate License Holder - hanging out at the Fantasy Grounds Official Discord Server going by the name Wathagan.

Blog Entries
    Hola XpressO!
    I did visit the chat room a couple of times when I first started using. I did enjoy my visits there but alas I have not been back since...
    No time... or time is already spent elsewhere
    Good luck with the recruiting!

I think their should be 12 hours a day of twitch streaming maybe even 24 if you can get the volunteers. I think that would be the best way to keep a chat room going and to build awareness. You could even make money off the donations and what not, so it could pay for itself while promoting and offering a place for people to chat. But what do I know lol. Just my two cents.

Also you could offer current DM/GM's the opportunity to show there games live on your channel. Would fill a lot of those time slots.

Also could have games going that allow the audience to jump in, like having just one open seat. That could be cool. But just as a part of a 24 hour stream not all the time.
    Last edited by CrimsonCrust; October 25th, 2014 at 22:10.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCrust View Post
    I think their should be 12 hours a day of twitch streaming maybe even 24 if you can get the volunteers. I think that would be the best way to keep a chat room going and to build awareness. You could even make money off the donations and what not, so it could pay for itself while promoting and offering a place for people to chat. But what do I know lol. Just my two cents.

Also you could offer current DM/GM's the opportunity to show there games live on your channel. Would fill a lot of those time slots.

Also could have games going that allow the audience to jump in, like having just one open seat. That could be cool. But just as a part of a 24 hour stream not all the time.
    Great ideas!

Can anyone suggest an iPhone app the will auto log me in when online?

People are way too hasty. People still come to the chat, say "anyone here?" and leave within a minute. One person even lasted 10 minutes. Today, for example, on two separate occasions I missed a potential new chatter by a minute or two. We can't be online 24/7 to greet you. So please, if you want to chat, stay with us - you are a role player so you have the patience. Eventually we will answer. I, for example am from Finland (EET) so I'm not available most times when the Northern American people are awake. But we are international.
    Ultimate License Holder - hanging out at the Fantasy Grounds Official Discord Server going by the name Wathagan.

Quote Originally Posted by XpressO View Post
    People are way too hasty. People still come to the chat, say "anyone here?" and leave within a minute. One person even lasted 10 minutes. Today, for example, on two separate occasions I missed a potential new chatter by a minute or two. We can't be online 24/7 to greet you. So please, if you want to chat, stay with us - you are a role player so you have the patience. Eventually we will answer. I, for example am from Finland (EET) so I'm not available most times when the Northern American people are awake. But we are international.

Well I read this and what it made me think to myself is this: Is it a consumers job to change to the business or is it the businesses job to adapt to what a consumer wants. That is a broad statement. But I think it fits what you said. If the FG team wanted they could make it work some how some way. However I don't really think the chat is in anyway a big deal. I just don't think what you are saying makes much sense to me >.<

Blog Entries
    The chat was put together at the request of a few folks in the community. Ultimately, we believe the best solution will be to host chat features directly within FG instead of off a link on the web page. It is probably doing more harm than good right now since it may give the impression to new customers that Fantasy Grounds is not active. Would people be terribly upset if we disabled it until we have something built in to FG?

Blog Entries
    Built in to FG I think is the optimal way to go.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    The chat was put together at the request of a few folks in the community. Ultimately, we believe the best solution will be to host chat features directly within FG instead of off a link on the web page. It is probably doing more harm than good right now since it may give the impression to new customers that Fantasy Grounds is not active. Would people be terribly upset if we disabled it until we have something built in to FG?
    That is the way many multiplayer games have gone. It is also used to facilitate pickup games etc. If that can be added as part of Unity port I think it would be beneficial. Forums are too slow to try to organise something really last minute.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Built in to FG I think is the optimal way to go.
    Agreed
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Thread Information