5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pentazer View Post
    I don't know why this isn't listed on the FAQ and I tried searching but couldn't find a very clear answer on the subject...

I own a Fantasy Grounds Ultimate licence. I know that all my purchased content will be compatible with unity, but what about my ultimate licence? This was a rather expensive purchase and I hope that my ultimate licence will still apply to Fantasy Grounds Unity... right?
    Fantasy Grounds (Classic) will continue to work and be supported. It does not give you access to Fantasy Grounds Unity.

No, those are different programs. You can upgrade the license from FGC Ultimate to FGU Ultimate after the global release.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentazer View Post
    I don't know why this isn't listed on the FAQ and I tried searching but couldn't find a very clear answer on the subject...

I own a Fantasy Grounds Ultimate licence. I know that all my purchased content will be compatible with unity, but what about my ultimate licence? This was a rather expensive purchase and I hope that my ultimate licence will still apply to Fantasy Grounds Unity... right?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Upgrade-Paths
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Oh this is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

Upgrades from FG Classic
    Upgrading from Fantasy Grounds (Classic) to Fantasy Grounds Unity will use our bundle system to discount it based on your existing license.
    Upgrade FG Standard to FGU Standard
    $31.99 (20% off)

Upgrade FG Ultimate to FGU Ultimate
    $89.99 (40% off)
    So FG Ultimate to FGU Ultimate I guess is what I'm looking at. Is there a mailing list or something I can sign up on so I know when the unity edition is released?

If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
    I was watching a video on dice in Unity. And while it finally gives some more options for those who play unsupported RPGs, I can't help but wonder if using a list of codes becomes very impractical during gameplay (as an example my hotbars are usually already filled, and if you need more than one die code, with different dice or different success thresholds or whatever, it becomes even less practical).

Is this the way it's gonna be or just an early showing? Why can't FG have a dice roller where you click a button for desired dice resolution, then just add the numbers (as in Roll20)? That would speed up play and as far as I can tell it wouldn't be messing up the structure of FG.
    You use all 96 hot keys? I could never remember that many. But, rather than just use the rolls as hot keys, just drag the roll to a roll field on the character sheet. That way you don't have to remember what the roll is, you just click the field on the sheet labeled 'Attack-LaserPistol' or whatever. Of course, this is going to be slightly different depending upon the ruleset, but that's the type of roll I create in a CoreRPG character sheet I use. IMO, having predefined rolls on the character sheet is than a die roller.

Note that FGU is in general not changing the User Interface of any of the rulesets, with the exception of the image controls and image asset management. Though of course community extensions can change the UI.

BUT, if you want to make any suggestions, add them to the wishlist so they can be tracked and voted on by the community
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/?sh...y=2&orderasc=0

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    MoreCore lets you save hundreds of rolls to your character sheet and you can edit the parameters of the rolls through simple number boxes.

There was some talk of a different pricing structure for upgrading depending on when you originally got FG Classic. i.e. if you purchased FG Classic in the last 12 months then you would be able to upgrade to Unity for cheaper than if you had purchased FG Classic more than 12 months ago. That doesn't seem to be mentioned in the Upgrade Paths link above, do we know if everyone will pay the same now to upgrade to Unity regardless of when they first purchased FG Classic?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vincentprice View Post
    There was some talk of a different pricing structure for upgrading depending on when you originally got FG Classic. i.e. if you purchased FG Classic in the last 12 months then you would be able to upgrade to Unity for cheaper than if you had purchased FG Classic more than 12 months ago. That doesn't seem to be mentioned in the Upgrade Paths link above, do we know if everyone will pay the same now to upgrade to Unity regardless of when they first purchased FG Classic?
    At this time it looks like those extra discounts were made available during the Kickstarter only.

So ....wait to purchase and safe 90 dollars

Im havent purchase FG ultimate yet. ironically, I was going to purchase this morning before perusing this thread. But upon discovering I can wait to purchase for 149 bucks, versus purchasing now and then paying another 60% of the cost ontop of my original purchase, I decided to wait. Bad business for capital investment.... but ok.

Thread Information