DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iiiTRiBEiii View Post
    Yes vote here. Doesn't make much sense that this ISN'T supported. Being able to keep misc data on a second screen would help immensely and I haven't even started DM'ing yet...
    Hi again iiiTRiBEiii while you say it doesnt make much sense that this isnt supported... I bet you cant name more than a dozen programs (out of the hundreds of thousands that are out there) that do support this style of multi screen. Its a technical issue. Very, very few applications support that ability to undock part of the screen and move it to another.
    You can drag it across multiple screens - which isnt as nice - particularly if you have different size/resolution screens - but it does work.

I use dua monitor too. To do that, I just need to:

1. "Restore Window"
    2. "Resize" FG so it go to the second monitor;
    3. Take care to not make the FG Window "touch" the upper parte of the second monitor, like when you want to make a window full screen in windows 8/10; if that happens, you will end with a full screen on the first monitor.

The FG window will be resized to occupy all the are on both monitors. The only glitch I notice is if your second monitor is smaller than the first, the lower part of the window, with the quick slots would no be visible on it.

It works for me on Windows 8, 10 and Linux Mint 17.
    Last edited by Galach; August 22nd, 2016 at 03:28.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Galach View Post
    3. Take care to not make the FG Window "touch" the upper parte of the second monitor, like when you want to make a window full screen in windows 8/10; if that happens, you will end with a full screen on the first monitor.
    For thos of you who do not like this behavior, it's a Window's setting you can turn off.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

What's the setting called?

Edit: Found it, Snap Assist under System > Multitasking
    Last edited by Nylanfs; August 24th, 2016 at 16:46.

So support for Dual Monitor's i understand is or can be difficult to program, but as i saw mentioned earlier, what about allowing elements to be undocked completely and allow those windows to be moved around? Instead of having everything stuck inside the FG main container, could they be allowed to be undocked similar to programs like Gimp? Where you can either have it all as a single window or separate elements that you could move around and thus better utilize dual monitors. I use dual monitors and it would be nice potentially move portions of the menus or other items over to one screen or configure them how i want them to look to allow me to arrange it somewhat more readily for my play style or hopefully future DMing. Just curious of that would be an option to consider.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuendal View Post
    So support for Dual Monitor's i understand is or can be difficult to program, but as i saw mentioned earlier, what about allowing elements to be undocked completely and allow those windows to be moved around? Instead of having everything stuck inside the FG main container, could they be allowed to be undocked similar to programs like Gimp? Where you can either have it all as a single window or separate elements that you could move around and thus better utilize dual monitors. I use dual monitors and it would be nice potentially move portions of the menus or other items over to one screen or configure them how i want them to look to allow me to arrange it somewhat more readily for my play style or hopefully future DMing. Just curious of that would be an option to consider.
    Welcome to the community
    You can vote for this idea here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=54190

The current application is limited by the underlying architecture. SmiteWorks is in the process of rebuilding/porting the application over to the Unity engine. You can find more information on the Unity migration by searching the forums as it is often discussed.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

thanks for the link. I have added my vote. And glad to be a part of the community looking forward to all the cool stuff coming down the pipe.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuendal View Post
    Again - very, very few programs have this support.
    One of the primary goals of the Unity project is to deliver native applications for more Operating Systems so the multi-screen support - however its delivered (and this is one option) - will need to be cross platform ready. Im pretty sure that they are testing a cross-platform library for this but there is no official word on how the multi-monitor support might be progressing or whether it will be available with build 1 or later. The devs are certainly aware that many people would like this if its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Galach View Post
    I use dua monitor too. To do that, I just need to:

1. "Restore Window"
    2. "Resize" FG so it go to the second monitor;

The FG window will be resized to occupy all the are on both monitors. The only glitch I notice is if your second monitor is smaller than the first, the lower part of the window, with the quick slots would no be visible on it.

It works for me on Windows 8, 10 and Linux Mint 17.
    My first monitor is 1920 x 1080, my second is 1360 x 760, so I don't lose only the "quick slots", I lose a very large amount of menu options along the bottom or top of the screen, an unplayably large amount.

If I change my resolution on the first monitor to 1360 x 768 as well then I don't really gain any space at all compared to just doing single monitor!

Single monitor, 1920 x 1080 = 2073600 worth of "room".
    Dual monitor, 1360 x 760 x 2 = 2088960 worth of "room".

So I gain pretty much nothing, in fact I lose because the menu bar at the bottom of the screen (which I like to keep to switch to my pds and other resources) takes up more room comparatively, and forcing such lower res on this size monitor is a pretty nauseating experience.

"Not many programs have dual monitor support": perhaps true, but not many programs need it quite this badly. I was running Out of the Abyss last week, and at some point I had over 5 "layers" of notes, documents and libraries all open over eachother. It was utter madness to try and find anything I needed. There really is no other feature I care about more at this point.

Blog Entries
    @Unahim,
    I think we all understand your pain. But at the moment there is not much anyone can do except for the things already suggested.

The one thing that I've seen work with other programs on platforms with dual monitors or differing resolution, is that sometime the graphics driver can treat differing resolutions as a single monitor and can scale the window differentially across the two monitors. So, the take-away is play with your graphics driver settings and see if you can get something better.

Thread Information