DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Hiding Monster Resistances in the chat Window

So I searched the forums a bit and couldn't find anything that explains how I might do this. I currently have the dice attack rolls being hidden. It is set to PC which the players have complained because it does not show if they hit or missed in the chat screen. If I allow them to see the rolls then they easily metagame when it shows a monster resisted a certain damage type. The question is as the title says. Is there a way that I can allow PCs to see if their weapons hit or miss without giving away a creatures resistances ect.? Again, I apologize if this has already been asked.

Short answer is no. And it isn't metagaming. The player's characters are learning about the monster and therefore will need to alter their tactics - if they can.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    The way I've always interpreted such is that resistances and immunities are usually pretty obvious to a character. You slash your sword into something and it just doesn't cut as deep as it should. You pierce the skeleton but can tell that your arrow really doesn't do much even though it passes through. The fireball just doesn't char the outside of the creature or it just stands there and obviously ignores it.

Of course, a GM can determine otherwise (even if the rulesystem says otherwise) and if that;s the way you want to do it, tell your players you can either turn on rolls and if you catch them using that knowledge against the creatures you will disable their ability to see all rolls.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information