STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Encounter Prep

It looks good damned. I would just add a note that the tokens will disappear off the map when the encounter is closed during prep since that tends to throw people off.

Blog Entries
    While you good people are all at the same table - Id really like to better understand Effects - how to apply them, expire them, format them... Any takers?

Thanks

That's a helpful graphic. For some reason, I didn't grasp this process when going through the docs and videos, but it makes sense.

I'm preparing to run A0 myself. I was surprised the encounters weren't set up and that all the monsters for this adventure weren't added to the Personalities/Monster window.

@Targas: What maps are you replacing? I'm adding a map of the village and placing the NPCs there (directly from the personalities window).

Blog Entries
    Ive been quite disappointed with the early C&C modules in the store.
    Really not taking advantage of the features of the product.
    Anyway - it is being redone shortly and store version will be updated.

As you can tell - I couldnt grasp it either - thats why I made the graphic

Oh, I didn't realize the store version would be updated. I thought folks were just updating on their own.

I'm also going through and marking which text to say to the players. Even something as simple as that really helps.

I'm debating how to handle treasure on the monster corpses. I was thinking of adding to the Items window and then adding to the Story for each room (along with a link to the Encounter). Or maybe skip adding to the Items window and just add to the Story window.

Quote Originally Posted by guttert View Post
    I'm debating how to handle treasure on the monster corpses. I was thinking of adding to the Items window and then adding to the Story for each room (along with a link to the Encounter). Or maybe skip adding to the Items window and just add to the Story window.
    Use the treasure parcel feature - click the "parcels" button at the top of the items window. You can add coins and individual items to the treasure parcel - then link this to the NPC story entry, or put the link in the "other" tab of the NPC.

This can be shared with the players when they find the loot, it can also be dragged to the "Inventory" section of the party sheet and distributed to the party through that interface - money gets shared equally, the GM can type the name of the player who is getting which special item and auto allocate these items to the player PC sheet. You can show this page of the party sheet to the players if you wish - using the option "Party: Show Inventory to Clients".

EDIT: Info about this in the new Wiki: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...hp/Party_Sheet

This is similar to dragging encounters to the party sheet to auto allocate XP, but has more options around special items.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 15th, 2014 at 03:23.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The other benefit of the party sheet is that you can drag and drop items from the party sheet onto character portrait or inventory to distribute as they pick. A note on how item distributed is added to the chat window.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by guttert View Post
    That's a helpful graphic. For some reason, I didn't grasp this process when going through the docs and videos, but it makes sense.

I'm preparing to run A0 myself. I was surprised the encounters weren't set up and that all the monsters for this adventure weren't added to the Personalities/Monster window.

@Targas: What maps are you replacing? I'm adding a map of the village and placing the NPCs there (directly from the personalities window).
    I crated about half a dozen maps for A0 using Campaign Cartographer3. As some of them are not detailed in the module at all, it's easy to share as I don't infringe copyright. I redid those in the A0 module as well, but I don't know how to handle sharing those. I contacted Troll Lords a week ago, but didn't get a reply. Basically for each entry: town/outdoor setting, etc. I did maps and in addition with the encounter I used from Immortal Night it looks like a charm.
    I asked Doug if we could add the .mods I made for the free tokens for the store (even made .mods for all token packs), but with so many tokens already available there's no interest.

I have no place to put the images public (and won't do due to copyright) - any idea on how to contribute to the community ?

Blog Entries
    have a chat with phantomwhale - if he is doing an official update he may be able to include some of the maps if the fit with what he is doing.

i think the smiteworks guys are pretty snowed under post v3 release...

Thread Information