Starfinder Playlist

Change in module exporting with FG3?

When I make an adventure module, I create my campaign, populate it with all my story/images/npcs/items/notes, then export it. No problem. The tokens I use might come from various sources: My general tokens (in my root FG folder), my campaign specific tokens (in the adventure campaign folder), and from other modules.

Something broke in this process with FG3. I made a sample campaign so that this can be easily duplicated. The campaign is named "test token export".

The first NPC is named Module Token, and it's a token from the Monster Manual I made before FG3.
    The second NPC is named Host Token, and it's a token from FG2\tokens\host\custom
    The third NPC is named Shared Token, and it's a token from FG2\tokens\shared\characters
    The fourth NPC is named Campaign token, and it's a token from FG2\campaign\test token export\tokens\host

When I export the module (as "test.mod"), the first three NPCs retain their tokens. The 2nd and 3rd ones are actually in the module file. The fourth one did not copy into the module file, and the reference for it is wrong.

In the module file, NPC1 (module) token is "tokens/ambush drake.png@4E Essentials MM
    NPC2 (host) is "tokens/host/Custom/bugbear.png@test"
    NPC3 (shared) is "tokens/shared/Characters/lorkeon.png@test"
    NPC4 (campaign) is "campaign/tokens/Host/basilisk.png"

Obviously, that reference is invalid. The token was located in FG2\campaign\test token export\tokens\host. What I don't get is why the token wasn't just exported into the module. Does this mean I have to fill my FG2\tokens folder with every single token I might want to ever use? Kind of defeats the point of using modules, if I'm going to have a swollen token folder.

EDIT: The workaround for now is if you have campaign specific tokens, load them into FG2\tokens\host\<folder name>. Use the tokens from there and they will export correctly, and then you can go back and delete the folder once you've done your export. Note that if you ever want to MODIFY that campaign and re-export the module, the tokens will need to be put back or it won't export correctly.

Hopefully a fix isn't too long in coming for this.
    Last edited by Xorn; January 25th, 2014 at 12:33.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

With the ability to add tokens on the fly and searchable token bag, I had to rebuild a lot of the underlying token code.

The first example above is correct. Tokens from other modules are not copied.
    The fourth example above should copy the token into the module. I'll add it to my fix list.

Regards,
    JPG

Will this affect modules created in FG2 and converted?

It just affects export of tokens stored in the campaign directory, instead of the tokens folder.

JPG

Almost all my tokens are in modules, exported from the campaign folders of different campaigns. I do it this way so as to only have the tokens I need active at any one time.

It won't affect tokens stored in modules. It only affects tokens stored in the tokens subfolder of the individual campaign.

There are actually 5 places that tokens can be stored in:
    * FG data folder in the tokens/host subfolder
    * FG data folder in the tokens/shared subfolder
    * Ruleset PAK or folder in the tokens subfolder
    * Campaign data folder in the tokens subfolder
    * Module files in the tokens subfolder

The Ruleset and Campaign tokens placement are used by relatively few people, and have had varying degrees of issues over time. (both pre v3 and during v3)

Regards,
    JPG

Xorne,

I just created a new CoreRPG campaign, made 3 NPCs, assigned a token to each (global, module, campaign), and exported. They all showed up correctly in another new CoreRPG campaign, and both the global and campaign tokens were included in the module.

I think I'm going to need more help recreating this one.

Thanks,
    JPG

Well, the only thing I can say now is... I'm sorry for wasting your time.

I moved all my adventure specific tokens out of /tokens/host and put them back in the campaign/<campaign name>/tokens folder.
    Opened up the adventure campaign again, re-linked all the tokens I just moved to their corresponding NPCs.
    Exported the module.
    Opened up my main campaign (4E) and opened the module.
    Went to the NPC Module tab and opened up the NPCs with campaign tokens.

Everything was there, working fine.

The ONLY thing that I did differently was this morning (after seeing your post) I wiped out all of my PAK files from the ruleset folder and updated again. I noticed the date on them updated.

So I don't know. I've done this a LOT of times but I can't rule out that I messed something up.

I also opened the module in a brand new 4E campaign, it appeared fine there too.

At the very least, thanks for looking at it so quickly!

EDIT: I even did this again on my laptop instead of my desktop, and it worked fine then, too. *sigh*
    Last edited by Xorn; January 26th, 2014 at 14:58.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Just let me know if it comes back.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information