DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 24 of 30 First ... 142223242526 ... Last

Thread: List of Modules

Greetings,

I have a couple of Modules-related questions:

1. I notice that there is a new Extensions subforum under the Armory forum. Good move! I'm wondering why there isn't a corresponding Modules subforum? Are Modules too ruleset-specific for that to make sense? Or maybe there is some other reason?
      And,
    2. In Xorn's (Jason Hibdon's) excellent FG: Adventure Building YouTube tutorial, here (timestamped), he describes a method for implicitly linking from the new campaign module he is creating to a token residing in a separate, closed-but-present, module in the modules folder. He also mentions this in his '5E->PAR5E Tutorial' thread here. The relevant text from that post follows:
      Quote Originally Posted by Xorn
      As far as NPCs when FG-exporting, I just open the NPCs I need in the MM mod, then drag and drop each one's link into the adventure NPCs, like in my Adventure Building tutorial. Re-link the tokens if you want the module to work without the MM module present (or just close the module and /reload to make the tokens work with a closed MM).
      I tried (or, at least, I thought I tried... maybe I made a mistake (?)) to do something similar, except that the object to which I want to link is the Diplomacy entry from the list of Skills in the PFRPG Basic Rules Module.

Should that work? Or will I always be required to have that Module open when using this campaign module?

Thanks!

- s.west
    Last edited by swest; September 5th, 2016 at 04:43. Reason: formatting

Blog Entries
    NPCs and Story and Items (and a few other things) will export in your Module. Skills will not. You will need the source module present and activated.

For the most part there have not been a lot of modules shared.

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    Greetings,

I have a couple of Modules-related questions:
    1) Modules are usually pretty much ruleset specific.

2) tokens in modules work differently from everything else in a module. Everything else is stored in the FG database format. If you link to data (not tokens) within a module then that module must be installed and activated. Otherwise you'll get an error when you try to open the link: remember this? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post287047
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe,

Yes, I remember that, but Xorn's step-by-step instructions, and the /reload operation, appeared to be demonstrating something that would overcome that limitation. However, as you point out, I now see that it's the 'type' of data that Xorn was causing to be implicitly linked (i.e., 'Token' data) that makes his example work.

I get it now.

Thanks.

- s.west

p.s. I know that you guys probably think that I'm just flying in circles, but, I assure you I am making progress. I have set a goal to become completely fluent in FG before restarting our RotRL campaign in a month (from now)...

Odd problem.

I grabbed Bestiary 2, 3, 4, 5. I did not grab the enhanced bestiary 1.

In-game under modules I show 1-5 available to active. I have activated them. Library display - All.

When I go to NPC button, go to Groups and use the pulldown menu I see All, None, PFRPG Bestiary 1 (has 5 pages of critters) and PFRPG Bestiary 5 (has 3 pages of critters in it). 2, 3, 4 do not show up there. Running windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by leafgreens View Post
    Odd problem.

I grabbed Bestiary 2, 3, 4, 5. I did not grab the enhanced bestiary 1.

In-game under modules I show 1-5 available to active. I have activated them. Library display - All.

When I go to NPC button, go to Groups and use the pulldown menu I see All, None, PFRPG Bestiary 1 (has 5 pages of critters) and PFRPG Bestiary 5 (has 3 pages of critters in it). 2, 3, 4 do not show up there. Running windows 10.
    Welcome leafgreens

This isn't a "problem" as such - some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post299806

Access the NPCs from these modules in the library until these modules are updated (probably not for a couple of months yet).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Got it, works fine that way.

Thank you.

I've spent several hours (maybe 10 at this point) copying from the PF CRB tables and typing items into the FG tables... and there's a lot more to do before I have a full set. But putting all that work in has me wondering...

Do I even need to do this? Is there an equipment / loot generation module which has these tables already created?

If there is no such table, and I go ahead and finish putting in all this information, is it possible to share it with the community?

I'm afraid I'm not very tech savvy, so answers will have to use short words. =) Thanks for your time.

A.J.
    A.J.

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
    "But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
    "Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
    "I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

What exactly are you creating from the PF Core Rules? the OGL "PFRPG Basic Rules" module that comes with FG has the equipment, weapons and armour tables from the CRB.

Also, coming up imminently, will be the official Pathfinder Core Book release, which has the whole Core Rulebook in FG.

Plus you might want to have a look at the modules in post #3 of this thread.

Thread Information