STAR TREK 2d20

Audio in Fantasy Grounds

I am wondering if sound support (background music and sound effects) will be included in Fantasy Grounds at some point?

There are several threads about audio in FG on the forums.

From a developer perspective, third-party applications are going to be superior at delivering music for your game, especially given the amount of development necessary, plus the issue of running audio streams in a peer-to-peer model of software. There are a couple suggested configurations on the forums with regard to linking into audio input for voice applications. Just try searching for Ventrilo.

For sound effects, I think that is a much more likely scenario, and something that is on the wish list for FG. It is a lower priority than some other features at this point, but something that the we're looking at.

Regards,
    JPG

A general consensus among players is that while these features are nice, we would much rather they focus on developing roleplayer and ruleset specific features that help grow the roleplaying ability/power of the interface. Especially with consideration to the points that JPG made above.

Thank you for your replies! We are already considering Ventrilo, I was interested in background music and such. However, I am sure we'll figure something out.

I (and others) pipe music into Skype or Vent. It's definitely very possible. There are threads around the forums, as moon_wizard said, that describe how to do this step-by-step.

how to create your own ventrilo server: LINK
    ---------------------------------------
    How to play music in ventrilo server: LINK
    I used the Virtual audio cable and run with 2 ventrilo client, one to play the music other to talk! (to music client you dont put in PTT mode)....
    Enjoy
    ****We play RolePlayGame because that's soooo CRAZY!****
    -----------------------------Ultimate Game Master-------------------------
    Galaxy Master - Star Wars Saga Edition -
    Dungeon Master - DnD 4e -

Thread Information