FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 36 of 44 First ... 263435363738 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    In hindsight, I think you are correct. This is set up with the appropriate revenue shares for DMs Guild but I don't believe that carries over, even though they own all of those sites.

Well, it's not like there is a lack of PF already-published material that can be converted without an author trying to come up with something new....

1st Ed Warhammer - (i would SO convert this if given permission)
    https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...-Core-Rulebook
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA
    GM: Booked
    Player: Available for Sunday Nights

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grimm182 View Post
    1st Ed Warhammer - (i would SO convert this if given permission)
    https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...-Core-Rulebook
    Most publishers have little or no interest in converting their earlier editions. That doesnt mean you cant do a free community conversion.

Blog Entries
    As damned implies, you could do this ruleset yourself. It is generally accepted that game mechanics can not be copyrighted. So if you make a ruleset and do not include any of the text, images or product identity; then you can release the ruleset on the forums here.

That being said, creating a ruleset is not a simple task and is something usually done out of love for a system that you want to play yourself.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Well, for WFRPG 4th Edition, you've got two issues: One, I don't see Cubicle7 as one of the publishers who have licensed with SmiteWorks (at least not on the dev spreadsheet, which I'm not sure is 100% complete?), and two, assuming they did license, as mentioned above, rulesets are a monumental task taking in the range of six months or more for an experienced full-time programmer (see: the Starfinder ruleset in development) up to years (see: many community rulesets).

There's already a list of game systems with licensed publishers just waiting for a developer to develop a ruleset, but because of the time and effort involved, and practically zero return on that investment, no one has stepped up to do any of them yet.

Not to go full Grinch and ruin your dreams but having realistic expectations is a good thing. There's a reason most people just settle on making things work "good enough" in MoreCore so they can go ahead and play the games.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    ...most people just settle on making things work "good enough" in MoreCore so they can go ahead and play the games.
    Hey! Whats this good enough that you are talking about!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey! Whats this good enough that you are talking about!
    s/good enough/awesomesauce!

There, fixed!

If Smiteworks ever did get the rights could they not start with the existing community rule sets for warhammer? From what i’ve read it is going to be very similar to 2nd edition.

Thread Information