5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

FG2 for Mac OS X

I did a search to see if this topic has been covered before but after perusing a few pages I was unable to find what I was looking for. So, here we are with this topic.

Question is:

Is there a version of FG 2 in the works for Mac OS X or any intentions of writing it for OS X?

Not to be rude but I'm aware of Parallels and have no interest in it or any other emulation software. Just curious if there is any intent on FG 2 running natively on OS X.

Thank you all for your time and efforts!
    \"But I don\'t want to go among mad people,\" remarked Alice. -Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Have you seen this thread?

apparently this has been communicated to SmiteWorks for some time now, that there is a desire to see a Macintosh version available, though somehow I get the feeling there will never be one.

I don't really know how difficult it would be, so I this prognostication is not really educated, but it is a feeling I get from the responses of SmiteWorks. Though it is my opinion this kind of program shouts for Mac platform compatibility, the future of such looks rather gloomy.

From what I remember Smiteworks expressed interest in making a Mac version of FG. I think with all the other changes they ended up making its been pushed back. And back... and back...

rv

I can empathize with Smiteworks concerning the apparent lack of interest (I do mean apparent while honestly giving them the benefit of the doubt here), and I'm not savvy enough in the programming department to grasp what it would take to neigh-complete redesign of their software and assure cross compatibility. It just seems to be that it would make sense. You'd capture a larger market that way. I mean look what Apple did with iTunes.

I digress, who am I to criticize. Though, if anyone would be willing to help a guy who is trying desperately to find software for himself and his Mac using girlfriend to game, what other options are there for Mac users who wish to participate in online gaming?

Quote Originally Posted by Bio_Hazard
    I digress, who am I to criticize. Though, if anyone would be willing to help a guy who is trying desperately to find software for himself and his Mac using girlfriend to game, what other options are there for Mac users who wish to participate in online gaming?
    Well, FG is hardly the only VGT out there, as a Mac user you should look at Battlegrounds and MapTool. All of em should work fine with your Mac.

Battlegrounds RPG

RPTools
    Alea Iacta Est
    The Die is Cast!

I would just like to add myself to the list of people that would really like a Mac version of this program. It doesn't work in parallels very well at all and I have not been able to resolve the issue.

Regarding other software options, many in my group already have Fantasy Grounds and I would like to keep us all on the same page. That may or may not be an issue for other people though. I just know that it is something that does limit me to an extent. However, if I can never get this working properly I suppose I will have to switch and then try to talk everyone else into it.

One more Mac user here who would be definitely ready to purchase FGII for the Mac. I'm going to try and use it in Boot Camp (showing how desperate I am for my Savage Worlds fix), but I would be much happier if this were Mac-native and would be willing to pony up again.

Thanks for listening!

All my friends have Macintosh and I'd like to play with them. They want to play too. What a bummer.

What are the chances of FG working with that new Mac OS coming out? When is that anyway?

rv

Thread Information