STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Attn: New FG Adventurers! Please Read

First and foremost, Welcome to FG! I am sure you will find your stay here exciting and full of magic, mystery and mayhem. This thread is for those of you that are new that would like to try to get involved as soon as possible.

Since it is always tough to find a game as most GM's like running full on campaigns and if you aren't on at the right time you may miss an opportunity to sign up. We want you to be apart of the community and in order to do that our GM's are putting together small campaigns that generally take a couple hours that can be played in a single sitting to help you get some action right away.

There are many different types for rulesets and while the majority of you out there are probablly comfortable with DnD or Gurps there are many other worlds and possibilities out there. So, for your convenience I will compile a list in this thread of GM's that are offering their services to run you through their short campaign/encounter. Again, this is an effort to get you involved as soon as possible and to meet those in the community, as well as get experience using other systems that FG offers.

The list will be updated as regularly as possible with what GM's are offering what ruleset/genre. If you would like to try out their game private message them and they will contact you ASAP.

As a new player I also suggest you come hang out in the FG chat room and introduce yourself. It can be found at https://fg2.rpg-vault.net/

I encourage each of you new players to at least experience, each of these mini encounters from our GM's at least once. They spent time preparing them for you so you could at least sample them. So broaden your horizons get a taste of all the different worlds and possibilities that FG offers.

Finally, time is limited. As everyone knows, life can be hectic and the hardest part of tabletop gaming is probablly actually finding a game. So keep in mind those GM's that are offering there time to welcome you newer players are probablly doing that while at the same time running full on campaigns. So, be sure to respect their time. If you tell a GM you are going to show up try your darndest to be there.

Private Message any of the following GM's to set up a time to run your adventure!

Current GM's offering encounters----------(to be updated as GM's contact me)(updated 2-25-11)

lazarus0280 ---- 4e Dnd demo
    madman ------- Pathfinder/ 3.5 demo
    MurghBpurn ------ Savage Worlds demo
    GunnarGreybeard ------ Rolemaster demo
    ronnke ------ Gurps demo
    templarghost (daniel in the chat channel) ------ 3.5 and/or 4e demo
    moes1980 ------- 3.5e
    Last edited by lazarus0280; April 5th, 2011 at 19:16.

This says it was last updated almost a year ago. What would be the best place for the 'pickup' games (single session) so I could get a feel for the online aspect? Is it considered good form or necessary to get going with Skype or Yahoo Messenger for these games?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fknfelix
    This says it was last updated almost a year ago. What would be the best place for the 'pickup' games (single session) so I could get a feel for the online aspect? Is it considered good form or necessary to get going with Skype or Yahoo Messenger for these games?
    There are usually pretty frequent announcements in this section (Guild House) of the forums and some of the older announcements may still be valid. You may want to PM a few of the GM recently recruiting players. You may also want to add your time zone and system preferences in your signature.

Voice chat is optional in some games, required in others, just depends on the GM.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

help!

i need to find a game soooon!!!

iVE HAD FG for nearly a week now and havent been able to play

Have you checked the game calendar for FG Con games? They might hold you over until you can find a permanent game. It is only about 2 weeks away now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by saffysaff
    i need to find a game soooon!!!

iVE HAD FG for nearly a week now and havent been able to play
    If you are interested in Pathfinder, take a look at
    the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Group
    We have games running every week.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Is this thread still valid?

I'm a new member and a Newb to D&D. Looking to get into a game to learn the ropes.

I understand the base mechanics behind it, from games such as Baldurs Gate and Neverwinter Nights, and have been reviewing Live D&D and podcasts to get the feel of the gameplay. I am currently reading through the resource material for 4th Edition, and attempting to create some test characters.

I do have experience in RPG, having played Pbp RPG for several years.

Any advice, or guidance, I could get from some experienced player, or hopefully a demo 4E game, would be greatly appreciated.

Timezone: UTC +02:00
    Times/Days Available: Monday & Wednesday - 9pm-12pm; Tuesday, Thursday & Friday - 6pm-12pm; Saturday & Sunday - definitely from 5pm-12pm or else anytime if needed.
    Looking for Games: D&D 4th Edition, Forgotten Realms

I don't know about Laz's post at the top but you could message some of the people and they may help you or direct you in to a good place...I would recomend creating your own topic with games your are willing to play timezone your in and times you are able to play...you never know you may jsut end up in a game but the community is a helpful place reach out

Thanks for the advice. I've updated my signature with the relevant info and made a LFG post.

Timezone: UTC +02:00
    Times/Days Available: Monday & Wednesday - 9pm-12pm; Tuesday, Thursday & Friday - 6pm-12pm; Saturday & Sunday - definitely from 5pm-12pm or else anytime if needed.
    Looking for Games: D&D 4th Edition, Forgotten Realms

Blog Entries
    This might be a good place to put some information about gaming etiquette in general.

Most things listed would be termed common sense, but the internet teaches us that common sense isn't very common.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information