DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Unofficial Patches Extension

PLEASE NOTE: WITH THE RELEASE OF VERSION 3.1, THIS EXTENSION IS NO LONGER REQUIRED

In response to bugs being fixed and/or workarounds posted on the Savage Worlds forum, I have taken the opportunity to put together an extension for other savage users, to allow them to make use of all these fixes without having to manually edit ruleset files.

The attached extension, SavageWorldsPatches_v10.ext, should be placed in the "extensions" folder and should fix the following bugs :

1. Corrects a problem with tokens not snapping to the grid - now, whenever a grid is placed onto a map tokens should automatically snap to grid.
    2. Allows players to control multiple characters again (credit to Firtun)
    3. Power damage dice will now ace, and will pick up the modifier too (credit to Velocinox)
    4. Vehicle damage dice will now ace, and will pick up the modifier too (credit to Velocinox)
    5. Modifiers now apply to basic dice rolls
    6. Allow players to move allied tokens and show reach of allies (credit to Oberoten)
    7. Fixed NPC skill list on shared player windows (credit to Firtun)
    8. Fixed NPC window lists from ignoring first create item command (credit to Ikael)
    9. Adds sorting to NPC special abilities (credit to Doswelk)
    10. Fixes script error when GM spends a benny (v2.7.2 only)
    11. Fixes problem with selecting skills (NPC or PC) to the right of skills with long names

To enable start a new Savage Worlds Campaign, or select a pre-existing one, ensuring you tick the box for the "Savage Worlds Unofficial Patches" extension.

Hope this helps. Please report back if any of these fixes don't appear to work, or cause any breaks. Fixes have been tested against the latest FGII version, but the patches are unofficial, and therefore should be approached accordingly.

Please note that this extension, like any other, could stop another unofficial extension from working, such as Velocinox's powers extension which is currently not compatible with this patch. Please raise such incompatibilities here, and I can try and see if a workaround is possible before the next official release.

Regards,
    Ben (Phantomwhale)

Note : people with the older versions of this extension should remove / delete this from the extensions directory, putting this file in it's place. Campaigns setup to use the older version(s) should now automatically pick this one up instead.
    Last edited by phantomwhale; April 23rd, 2011 at 06:36. Reason: New Version

I am going to post this fix at the SWO site as well. Thank you!
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

cool I'm guessing I just drop this into the extensions folder.....?

Blog Entries
    I have heard back from Asilva and we are in the process of testing his fixes along with the ones submitted so far. We hope to conclude this testing and release the updated version for SW this week sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison
    I have heard back from Asilva and we are in the process of testing his fixes along with the ones submitted so far. We hope to conclude this testing and release the updated version for SW this week sometime.
    Guess I'll hold off on adding Velocinox's "powers damage fix" into the unofficial patches extension then !

Ah short-lived fame... but looking forward to a new official version Great news guys.
    Last edited by phantomwhale; April 12th, 2010 at 07:42.

Blog Entries
    Don't hold off on our account. This is the ideal place for hot fixes in my opinion and we are merely including the community generated fixes into a larger release that wraps them all up into the original ruleset. We will be sure to identify the names of the contributing community users to this fix.

For everyone else, be sure to give him a boost to his reputation here.

Already did!

My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison
    Whilst testing the version mentioned above I have discovered an "issue" can someone with a extension fix/manual fix see if you have the same "problem"

I can no longer drag PCs from the character selection to the combat tracker, I tend to use it when prepping a session, the fact it no longer works is a minor inconvenience and I would rather lose it and keep multiple PCs working if I had to choose!
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Tried testing for this problem (as noted in the other thread) but could not reproduce.

Have also added the powers damage fix into the extension and renamed to v2 for clarity - sorry, this probably broke the link from SWO.net - maybe change the link to the head of this forum post to ensure consistency ?

Possibly all moot if the new official patched version is coming out any minute now, but was using this as some training for bigger, brighter things (new rulesets !) so still not wasted effort for me by any means.

The link has been changed over at SWO. Again, thank you for the patch!
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

Thread Information