FG Spreadshirt Swag

Library and modules

Hi there,
    I am new to Fantasy Grounds and a WFRP V1 GM. I bought this program just this week and so far think it is great. I have spent the last week pumping in every picture, map, NPC and Handout from the entire Enemy Within campaign. Its a tough job but i'm nearly there... I am a little stumped though as to what the Library and module tabs are for or how to use them. I have watched the tutorials but they do not deal with this subject. Can somebody please explain?

Thanks
    Luke

I don't know what you are really asking but maybe I can answer.

There are two types of modules that Fantasy Grounds can read, one are the adventures modules that you can create by putting all your information in and then "/exporting" the module adventure to play later or what not.

There are also Library modules, that are different then adventure module. Library modules are basically all the "open content" material inside the basic rulebooks you might get off the bookshelf. I say "open content" because then you can distribute those. But anything that you make thats a library type module that contains any type of copyright material can not be given out to other people but can be used for your game if you wanted.

An example of a Library module, is like 3.5 Basic Rules or Monsters.

Is that what you are looking for?
    AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

Player:Yes Times: Contact Me

DM:Yes/Also willing to DM groups (PM me) Time: Contact Me

Rulesets: 3.5, Cthulhu

Yes that was what i thought, but the thing is how do i utilise the 'Library' function? How do i create Library files to put in my campaign? How do i make modules? These areas are blank and when i drag and drop text sheets or .JPG's in they do not add to those areas so there must be another way? Sorry if this all sounds Naive...

No problem , I was a little confused on how it all worked as well. But its pretty simple if you know a little html/xml.

All library modules are coded in xml and zipped together, as a ".mod" file. You can up zip these mod files by using a zip program. I use winrar to do this.

1. So first, if you wanted to make your own library, I usually copy one of the other library modules to do this. So first, you'd go to your library module and right click on, d20 monsters, then right click and click paste on your desktop.

2.Open the .mod file, by right click on it--->open with--->winrar (you might have to search for the winrar.exe file)

3.Once winrar opens it, it will show you the files that are inside. For the Monsters modules, it will show a, "db.xml" file, a "definition.xml" and a "thumbnail.png". Now tell extract those files to a folder like "d20monsters" or what ever it prompts you.

4. Now you are able to edit any of the xml information that you want. This is helpful, for like the monster module, if you have some custom monsters you want to include in your monster module, and also you can just copy the whole file and start making your own.

db.xml example

<aboleth>
    <librarylink type="windowreference"><class>npc</class><recordname>..</recordname></librarylink>
    <name type="string">Aboleth</name>
    <type type="string">Huge Aberration (Aquatic)</type>
    <hd type="string">8d8+40</hd>
    <speed type="string">10 ft. (2 squares), swim 60 ft.</speed>
    <ac type="string">16 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +7 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 15</ac>
    <babgrp type="string">+6/+22</babgrp>
    <atk type="string">Tentacle +12 melee (1d6+8 plus slime)</atk>
    <fullatk type="string">4 tentacles +12 melee (1d6+8 plus slime)</fullatk>
    <spacereach type="string">15 ft./10 ft.</spacereach>
    <specialattacks type="string">Enslave, psionics, slime</specialattacks>
    <specialqualities type="string">Aquatic subtype, darkvision 60 ft., mucus cloud</specialqualities>
    <skills type="string">Concentration +16, Knowledge (any one) +13, Listen +16, Spot +16, Swim +8</skills>
    <feats type="string">Alertness, Combat Casting, Iron Will</feats>
    <environment type="string">Underground</environment>
    <organization type="string">Solitary, brood (2-4),or slaver brood (1d3+1 plus 7-12 skum)</organization>
    <treasure type="string">Double standard</treasure>
    <alignment type="string">Usually lawful evil</alignment>
    <advancement type="string">9-16 HD (Huge); 17-24 HD (Gargantuan)</advancement>
    <leveladjustment type="string"> - </leveladjustment>
    <strength type="number">26</strength>
    <dexterity type="number">12</dexterity>
    <constitution type="number">20</constitution>
    <intelligence type="number">15</intelligence>
    <wisdom type="number">17</wisdom>
    <charisma type="number">17</charisma>
    <fortitudesave type="number">+7</fortitudesave>
    <reflexsave type="number">+3</reflexsave>
    <willsave type="number">+11</willsave>
    <hp type="number">76</hp>
    <init type="number">1</init>
    <cr type="number">7</cr>
    <text type="formattedtext">
    <p>The aboleth is a revolting fishlike amphibian found primarily in subterranean lakes and rivers. An aboleth has a pink belly. Four pulsating blueblack orifices line the bottom of its body and secrete gray slime that smells like rancid grease. It uses its tail for propulsion in the water and drags itself along with its tentacles on land. An aboleth weighs about 6,500 pounds.</p> <p>Aboleths speak their own language, as well as Undercommon and Aquan.</p> <p>COMBAT</p> <p>An aboleth attacks by flailing with its long, slimy tentacles, though it prefers to fight from a distance using its illusion powers.</p> <p><b>Enslave (Su):</b> Three times per day, an aboleth can attempt to enslave any one living creature within 30 feet. The target must succeed on a DC 17 Will save or be affected as though by a <i>dominate person</i> spell (caster level 16th). An enslaved creature obeys the aboleth's telepathic commands until freed by <i>remove curse,</i> and can attempt a new Will save every 24 hours to break free. The control is also broken if the aboleth dies or travels more than 1 mile from its slave. The save DC is Charisma-based.</p> <p><b>Psionics (Sp):</b> At will - <i>hypnotic pattern</i> (DC 15), <i>illusory wall</i> (DC 17), <i>mirage arcana</i> (DC 18), <i>persistent image</i> (DC 18), <i>programmed image</i> (DC 19), <i>project image</i> (DC 20), <i>veil</i> (DC 19). Effective caster level 16th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.</p> <p><b>Slime (Ex):</b> A blow from an aboleth's tentacle can cause a terrible affliction. A creature hit by a tentacle must succeed on a DC 19 Fortitude save or begin to transform over the next 1d4+1 minutes, the skin gradually becoming a clear, slimy membrane. An afflicted creature must remain moistened with cool, fresh water or take 1d12 points of damage every 10 minutes. The slime reduces the creature's natural armor bonus by 1 (but never to less than 0). The save DC is Constitution-based.</p> <p>A <i>remove disease</i> spell cast before the transformation is complete will restore an afflicted creature to normal. Afterward, however, only a <i>heal</i> or <i>mass heal</i> spell can reverse the affliction.</p> <p><b>Mucus Cloud (Ex):</b> An aboleth underwater surrounds itself with a viscous cloud of mucus roughly 1 foot thick. Any creature coming into contact with and inhaling this substance must succeed on a DC 19 Fortitude save or lose the ability to breathe air for the next 3 hours. An affected creature suffocates in 2d6 minutes if removed from the water. Renewed contact with the mucus cloud and failing another Fortitude save continues the effect for another 3 hours. The save DC is Constitution-based.</p> <p><b>Skills:</b> An aboleth has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.</p>
    </text>
    </aboleth>
    Thats what it looks like, so if you wanted to change any of it, it will later change the information that you want in your game.

5. After you have changed everything you wanted to do, etc, you need to repack the xml files. Window over all the files, "db.xml","definations.xml", and "thumbnail.png" and then right click. Click on "Send To:", then click "Compressed (Zipped) Folder". This will create a zip file of your .mod file. All you need to do now, is change the .zip to .mod.

Once that happens you should put the module back in the module folder.

Thats a short mans version of what you need to do, to actually use the library modules to their full extent. There are other links on the forum that might prove a little bit more indepth.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ghlight=module
    AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

Player:Yes Times: Contact Me

DM:Yes/Also willing to DM groups (PM me) Time: Contact Me

Rulesets: 3.5, Cthulhu

You also might try looking at this page of the 3.5 ruleset manual.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userg...gm_library.xcp

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by cpbs
    No problem , I was a little confused on how it all worked as well. But its pretty simple if you know a little html/xml.

All library modules are coded in xml and zipped together, as a ".mod" file. You can up zip these mod files by using a zip program. I use winrar to do this.

1. So first, if you wanted to make your own library, I usually copy one of the other library modules to do this. So first, you'd go to your library module and right click on, d20 monsters, then right click and click paste on your desktop.

2.Open the .mod file, by right click on it--->open with--->winrar (you might have to search for the winrar.exe file)

3.Once winrar opens it, it will show you the files that are inside. For the Monsters modules, it will show a, "db.xml" file, a "definition.xml" and a "thumbnail.png". Now tell extract those files to a folder like "d20monsters" or what ever it prompts you.

4. Now you are able to edit any of the xml information that you want. This is helpful, for like the monster module, if you have some custom monsters you want to include in your monster module, and also you can just copy the whole file and start making your own.

db.xml example

Thats what it looks like, so if you wanted to change any of it, it will later change the information that you want in your game.

5. After you have changed everything you wanted to do, etc, you need to repack the xml files. Window over all the files, "db.xml","definations.xml", and "thumbnail.png" and then right click. Click on "Send To:", then click "Compressed (Zipped) Folder". This will create a zip file of your .mod file. All you need to do now, is change the .zip to .mod.

Once that happens you should put the module back in the module folder.

Thats a short mans version of what you need to do, to actually use the library modules to their full extent. There are other links on the forum that might prove a little bit more indepth.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ghlight=module
    That all seems well beyond me. I have no experience of programming. You seem to have some idea of it though. Would it be possible for you tou take the WFRP 2 rule set that exists on this site and slightly change the charachter sheet to create a new rule set? This would be for V1. This does not require much really. It just means adding Dex, LD, and CL to the list of statistics in the charachter sheet line up. If this was done it would create a rough V1 rule set. Sure it would not be perfect but would be very usable. Someone with the skill to change this might do it very quickly i would think. It would at least get the ruleset up and running. The skills system could then be sorted out at a later date by someone else if needed. Not everyone is convinced by V2 Warhammer. Myself being one...

Thread Information