STAR TREK 2d20
Page 43 of 151 First ... 3341424344455393143 ... Last
    Tremendous news! Congrats on you work, well-deserved praise!

Can you give us a brief rundown of the types of things you think might now be possible?

I plan to automate the application of range modifiers to ranged attacks. I will also look into automatic damage calculation when applying it to a character (this is not going to be an easy task). I am also open to ideas and suggestions from people for features they want. There is also the existing wishlist, but now I know where we stand with SJG with regards to features we can look at.
    Last edited by ronnke; October 20th, 2017 at 02:19.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Those sound like a great start.

Good news everyone!

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.1.0 - 20th Oct 2017, is now available via the link in this threads original post.

These are the changes:

• GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.1.0 - 20th Oct 2017
      - Added Map Scales and Range Modifier calculation to pointers (Access via scale icon in the image toolbar).
      - Fixed bug with effects (post CoreRPG 3.3.3 effect changes. Players can add, remove and target their own effects).
      - Cleaned up combat tracker (editing NPC attack modes now done via linked NPC sheet).
      - Fixed issue with hex row and hex column (can now use both options with no problems).
      - Set the default grid type to hex (because GURPS!!!).
      - Token facing increased from 6 to 12 positions.
      - Added GURPS and Dungeon Fantasy RPG decal options.
      - Code optimisations and minor bug fixes.
    Last edited by ronnke; October 20th, 2017 at 04:18.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    Good news everyone!

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.1.0 - 20th Oct 2017, is now available via the link in this threads original post.

These are the changes:

• GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.1.0 - 20th Oct 2017
      - Added Map Scales and Range Modifier calculation to pointers (Access via scale icon in the image toolbar).
      - Fixed bug with effects (post CoreRPG 3.3.3 effect changes. Players can add, remove and target their own effects).
      - Cleaned up combat tracker (editing NPC attack modes now done via linked NPC sheet).
      - Fixed issue with hex row and hex column (can now use both options with no problems).
      - Set the default grid type to hex (because GURPS!!!).
      - Token facing increased from 6 to 12 positions.
      - Added GURPS and Dungeon Fantasy RPG decal options.
      - Code optimisations and minor bug fixes.
    It was pointed out the dropbox download was not the latest release. If you have already downloaded the v3.1.0 release prior to this post, then you will have to re-download to get the correct ruleset version.

I plan to automate the application of range modifiers to ranged attacks. I will also look into automatic damage calculation when applying it to a character (this is not going to be an easy task). I am also open to ideas and suggestions from people for features they want. There is also the existing wishlist, but now I know where we stand with SJG with regards to features we can look at.
    Automated calcs linked and rolling down from updates to Attributes, Advantages/Disadvantages, DR, and the damage-type calcs would be fantastic and help better manage the sheet after it has initially been imported into FG from GURPS character assistant.

Also, if this means player-created modules can now be shared that include GURPS-stat'd enemies, NPCs, equipment, stories, etc. then hallelujah! It has been taking me so much time to one-at-a-time create NPCs in GCA, then save them each in the right format, then import them one-at-a-time into FG, find them a token, and prep/set them up for use in a session. I know having standard creatures and enemies in a standing module ready to just drag and drop onto an encounter map would help me out tremendously! It's allow me to focus my time on bettering the story and planning alternate avenues for player decision and die-roll surprises. :-)

These are the changes:
    I just tested some of these implementations, it works fine!

Quote Originally Posted by paladiusdarkhelm View Post
    Also, if this means player-created modules can now be shared that include GURPS-stat'd enemies, NPCs, equipment, stories, etc. then hallelujah!
    This perhaps includes some tables too, like hit location, criticals, fright checks and such things having to do, I think, with automation. I'm not really sure, but it would make running games much more easily, instead of requiring each group to assemble their own manual setup.

Of course it's great to customize a FG GURPS frame with house rules, etc., but at least a basic shareable framework (still open to customization) would be just grand.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by demonsbane View Post
    I just tested some of these implementations, it works fine!

This perhaps includes some tables too, like hit location, criticals, fright checks and such things having to do, I think, with automation. I'm not really sure, but it would make running games much more easily, instead of requiring each group to assemble their own manual setup.

Of course it's great to customize a FG GURPS frame with house rules, etc., but at least a basic shareable framework (still open to customization) would be just grand.
    At a guess... I would think that these things would be part of an official/licensed/commercial release rather than a community release...

Ronnke, things look great!

One thing I noticed is that there seems to be a conflict with the enhanced images extension. It (the enhanced images extension) seems to override the map scaling, 12 points, and range calculations. Basically everything having to do with images. The image toolbar does not even show up, and I got some error messages related to window placement. To my untrained eye, it appears that the extension is placing icons where your ruleset already has icons...

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/imagewindow.lua"]:184: setGridOffset: Grid size is zero
    Runtime Notice: windowinstance = { class = dicetower, node = nil, x,y,w,h = 176,1120,90,90 }
    Runtime Notice: windowinstance = { class = chat, node = nil, x,y,w,h = -8,91,350,1030 }
    Runtime Notice: windowinstance = { class = modifierstack, node = nil, x,y,w,h = -5,1135,105,57 }
    Runtime Notice: s'Window has closed'

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Ronnke, things look great!

One thing I noticed is that there seems to be a conflict with the enhanced images extension. It (the enhanced images extension) seems to override the map scaling, 12 points, and range calculations. Basically everything having to do with images. The image toolbar does not even show up, and I got some error messages related to window placement. To my untrained eye, it appears that the extension is placing icons where your ruleset already has icons...

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/imagewindow.lua"]:184: setGridOffset: Grid size is zero
    Runtime Notice: windowinstance = { class = dicetower, node = nil, x,y,w,h = 176,1120,90,90 }
    Runtime Notice: windowinstance = { class = chat, node = nil, x,y,w,h = -8,91,350,1030 }
    Runtime Notice: windowinstance = { class = modifierstack, node = nil, x,y,w,h = -5,1135,105,57 }
    Runtime Notice: s'Window has closed'
    That will most likely be a layering inheritence issue. Both inherit from core....hmmm....I will have a look and see what can be done.

Thread Information