DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last
    I noticed a new option (at least I've never seen it) called
    Override Option Position. It has 1 to 10 options. What is this for?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I noticed a new option (at least I've never seen it) called
    Override Option Position. It has 1 to 10 options. What is this for?
    Oh yeah, that is is something I added a while ago actually, but due to the Forge sometimes being slow, ended up never getting set to the live version (whoops). I added that because a couple of people told me about issues when using webp tokens for NPCs. If you have an NPC using an animated webp/webm token, FG supports those animations in maps now, but the portrait system can't use them for chat images.

So instead, I added an override option to the right click context menu on NPC sheets (https://github.com/bakermd86/NPCPort...c_override.gif).

But because this extension is intended to be ruleset agnostic, I added the option to make sure that the menu option doesn't conflict with other right-click menu items. If the ruleset has some important right-click menu item that the NPC token override conflicts with, the option will allow users to move the option around to an empty slot.

Quote Originally Posted by sirnoobsauce View Post
    Oh yeah, that is is something I added a while ago actually, but due to the Forge sometimes being slow, ended up never getting set to the live version (whoops). I added that because a couple of people told me about issues when using webp tokens for NPCs. If you have an NPC using an animated webp/webm token, FG supports those animations in maps now, but the portrait system can't use them for chat images.

So instead, I added an override option to the right click context menu on NPC sheets (https://github.com/bakermd86/NPCPort...c_override.gif).

But because this extension is intended to be ruleset agnostic, I added the option to make sure that the menu option doesn't conflict with other right-click menu items. If the ruleset has some important right-click menu item that the NPC token override conflicts with, the option will allow users to move the option around to an empty slot.
    Gotcha.

Setting the token for chat on an NPC, does this need to be done once per campaign? or can you set this for the NPC itself when making the NPC? Lets say then sticking it in a module.

Question: Does this work with Linux OS? I get PC portraits but not NPCs. I don't see a dummy npc portrait in the folder. So the creation of the dummy portraits seems not to be working for me?

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Question: Does this work with Linux OS? I get PC portraits but not NPCs. I don't see a dummy npc portrait in the folder. So the creation of the dummy portraits seems not to be working for me?
    The operating system is (hopefully, Moon Wizard) irrelevant.

If this isn't working it must be a bug, I will have a look this evening, I think I already have this extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    The operating system is (hopefully, Moon Wizard) irrelevant.

If this isn't working it must be a bug, I will have a look this evening, I think I already have this extension.
    I saw in post #15 there was some discussion on OS so I thought that might be my issue since Windows is the default for most.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I saw in post #15 there was some discussion on OS so I thought that might be my issue since Windows is the default for most.
    I will try to remember to test at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I will try to remember to test at the weekend.
    Thanks!

See below.
    Last edited by Atreides Ghola; March 1st, 2024 at 12:19. Reason: Tested with other rulesets

Hey again,

So, this extension doesn't appear to be working in any ruleset.

Previously (as early as last week), it was working for me in D&D 5e, Pathfinder 2e, and Dune. Currently, even in clean campaigns with no other extensions enabled, it doesn't show NPC portraits, only PC portraits.

Thread Information