STAR TREK 2d20
Page 24 of 132 First ... 1422232425263474124 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I added some additional FAQ info to the first post. If you have asked if it will do thing X or thing Y and it doesn't, we won't be putting that in the FAQ. Instead, we are focusing the first post on all the things that FGU does do. We plan to add new features over time but we don't want to highlight them here since that may give the impression that it we have definitely committed to it or that we have an ETA in place for that. We will do our best to add some of these frequently requested items. We just don't want to build up a situation where we set expectations and then fail to deliver.

Hi FG,

I fall under the Veteran Standard User player (purchased Standard (actually converted Lite to Standard in 2018) before 2018).

I’m ready to cross the screen to GM/DM and want to purchase Ultimate.

Is my scenario a consideration in the Kickstarter?

More pointedly...
    - should I buy Ultimate BEFORE the Kickstarter and then pay the ROOKIE Ultimate tier price?
    Or
    - should I try to buy Ultimate DURING the Kickstarter (not sure which tier I would be in then)?
    Or
    - another scenario I haven’t thought of yet?

Not trying to complicate this... just want to get my thinking [and $$$] straight

Thanks for the input

Lee
    Last edited by lacker; April 10th, 2019 at 16:01.

Quote Originally Posted by lacker View Post
    I fall under the Veteran Standard User player (purchased Standard before 2018).

I’m ready to cross the screen to GM/DM and want to purchase Ultimate.

Is my scenario a consideration in the Kickstarter?

More pointedly...
    - should I buy Ultimate BEFORE the Kickstarter and then pay the ROOKIE Ultimate tier price?
    Or
    - should I try to buy Ultimate DURING the Kickstarter (not sure which tier I would be in then)?
    Or
    - another scenario I haven’t thought of yet?

Not trying to complicate this... just want to get my thinking [and $$$] straight ��
    There is no upgrade of FGC in the Kickstarter, neither is there a "upgrade my current FGC tier to a different tier in FGU" - you either upgrade your current FGC to the same tier in FGU, or you buy FGU new (at the reduced KS price). This currently $140 (FGC upgrade $110 + FGU rookie) or $135 (FGU Ultimate newcomer) - a $5 difference.

The decision point will probably be based off how much you will use FGC Ultimate, or if there is a sale on the FGC Standard to Ultimate upgrade before the KS.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    There are periodic sales on the base licenses and this normally applies to the upgrades as well.

Mar del Plata, Argentina (Half a year) Williamsburg, Florida, Us (The other half)
    Will be upgrading to FGU as soon as the kickstarter begins, currently i have a FGC Ultimate account from 2018, so i guess thats the $30 upgrade right?.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Notsag View Post
    Will be upgrading to FGU as soon as the kickstarter begins, currently i have a FGC Ultimate account from 2018, so i guess thats the $30 upgrade right?.
    Yep

Mar del Plata, Argentina (Half a year) Williamsburg, Florida, Us (The other half)
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Yep
    Awesome!, cant wait to get my paws on FGU, but for now i will just have to wait until release, Thanks!

If I buy FGU ultimate by the time kickstarter comes around, will this also give me access to FGC?

Any thoughts on how current (FG Classic) libraries will work during (and post) beta? If i have items bought via both steam and the website, will I have access to them via beta, or do i have to export relevant material and "start fresh"?

Any help/clarification would be appreciated!

PS:
    I'm also going to add my name to the growing list of people requesting the ability to upgrade from standard to ultimate via kickstarter1

Quote Originally Posted by Cinders View Post
    If I buy FGU ultimate by the time kickstarter comes around, will this also give me access to FGC?
    Welcome to the forums.

You can't buy FGU before the Kickstarter. If you don't buy FGC now (or later) and only buy FGU during or after the Kickstarter then you will only have FGU.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information