DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I'm good with that. When the exchange rate evens out, I will gladly pay difference

I had a question there is an option for 2 voluntary flaws to gain 1 boost, how do i implement that I Have a character in my group that took that on his orig character sheet ( do to circumstances we need to play online for now so I'm recreating all their characters in FG.

i figured it out, the misc option next to ability score...

Quote Originally Posted by Stixx925 View Post
    i figured it out, the misc option next to ability score...
    You absolutely can do it that way.

I tend to use the temporary modifier feature for longer term changes. See "temporary modifiers" in the Wiki -> User Guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...#Number_Fields
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

And as I just found out the hard way, be aware that if your PC uses the optional flaw rules, it can cause ability boosts to not be calculated correctly; you'll have to adjust the modifier to account for that.

For example, if a PC uses the optional flaw to boost their Strength from 16 to 18, then at level 5 when they apply a boost to that score it will jump to 20 instead of 19, and you'll need to reduce the temporary modifier from 2 to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    And as I just found out the hard way, be aware that if your PC uses the optional flaw rules, it can cause ability boosts to not be calculated correctly; you'll have to adjust the modifier to account for that.

For example, if a PC uses the optional flaw to boost their Strength from 16 to 18, then at level 5 when they apply a boost to that score it will jump to 20 instead of 19, and you'll need to reduce the temporary modifier from 2 to 1.
    Thanks for raising that as an issue.

At some point in the future I'll be implementing more manual control of the PC abilities to cater for the optional flaw rule, as well as rolling for abilities. Until then we'll all have to be aware of this and work around it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I thought I'd be clever and modify the xml for the flaw/boosts and reimport it, but it appears the attribute values are recalculated from the character generator steps in the log at each reload.

I've got the rulebook and adventure path subscription at Paizo, and my account linked to FG. And every time a new book comes available on the FG site, it's basically just a few bucks for me to pick it up. I never have a reason not to buy it. It's a really great deal.

Thread Information