5E Character Create Playlist
Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last
    Hello Waldbaer and all others

Just like you, I have the problem that the LoS data cannot be extracted. I have had fantastic help from Zacchaeus via Discord, but like Thomas Edison, we have yet to see the light; we are still within 10,000 tries of finding out how it doesn't work.

Received a reply from support this morning, but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. However, I have replied, referenced this thread and sent a couple of screenshots - perhaps this will help resolve the issue.

This issue has to be related to something on the user's machine I think. Garou sent me his module file and the moduledb file and I was able to extract the data into the module just fine and the LoS shows up correctly in a new test campaign after extraction.

We have tried many different scenarios but just can't get it to work correctly for Garou.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Funnily, Zacchaeus, I wanted to suggest the same. Because I just had the funny observation, that every time (I remember) someone reports that error then it is seemingly a report from aGerman Might this have to do anything with that we Germans switch the meaning of commas and dots when it is about digits? (because of the previous factor 10 problem) Something like that, related to the UI etc.; but I am really shooting in the dark now

When I find time, then I finally need to test this tool, too; if it is indeed related to German UIs, then I should get the same problem
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 19th, 2021 at 10:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Funnily, Zacchaeus, I wanted to suggest the same. Because I just had the funny observation, that every time (I remember) someone reports that error then it is seemingly a German Might this have to do anything with that we Germans switch the meaning of commas and dots when it is about digits? (because of the previous factor 10 problem) Something like that, related to the UI etc.; but I am really shooting in the dark now

When I find time, then I finally need to test this tool, too; if it is indeed related to German UIs, then I should get the same problem
    Well that's certainly possible. Garou and I shared screens and worked through the extraction process and he's doing the same as what I'd do. He did have different options for extracting zip files than I did on the right click menu and we couldn't figure out why that was - but I can't see that being an issue. Once I had extracted the LoS and sent him back the module the LoS worked for him. So it is down to the extraction process somewhere. But if you do some testing hit me up on Discord if you find anything relevant.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Keaton and I have thought about that too. Still, two facts confuse me. One and the same file can be extracted and inserted sensibly by Zacchaeus in Scotland, whereas Keaton from Denver, with whom I worked on the module for Gooey Cube, also has problems and sees the same chaotic representations of the LoS.

The module that Zacchaeus had then created and uploaded, I could open regularly, but unfortunately I could not recognise any LoS data.Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that it is a "German" problem.

On the other hand, Keaton could not create the module with LoS - unlike Zacchaeus. In both cases the data sets were identical... All very confusing...
    Last edited by Garou; January 19th, 2021 at 10:38.

Oki, I tested now

It has to do with the language settings of the UI. I tested with my German settings and I had precisely the same errors. Then I changed the language of Windows in the settings, so, everything is in English now, which is also why this is probably the first post here from me without smileys, because I have no idea where those bloody colons are on an English keyboard!

However, with the English settings it works perfectly for me now.

Garou, you could ask Keaton which language they use for their OS, might not just be related to German. The language seems to mess something up in the extraction process

Hah, I got even more information, my previous guess why the language settings may influence this was true!

It is indeed due to the meaning of the dots and commas with respect to digits! Go to Windows' Region settings, click on advanced settings, and then again advanced settings, then you can change the decimal symbol and the digit grouping symbol. When the decimal symbol is a comma and the digit grouping symbol a dot (as in German, the opposite meaning than the English definition), then I get erronous extracts, even with the English UI! May also just result into that when just changing one of both

Detective Kelrugem to your service

Awesome detective work Kelrugem; that's brilliant.

YOU ARE JUST INCREDIBLE!!! I will test it by tomorrow, still busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Garou View Post
    YOU ARE JUST INCREDIBLE!!! I will test it by tomorrow, still busy.
    I hope switching the definitions of comma and dot will help you (not that there is something else influencing that, which also got changed when I switched to the English UI)

But I hope that this will help the devs to update the tool to cater for that

Thread Information