5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 18 of 19 First ... 816171819 Last
    Technically, there's no reason to remove effects. In CoreRPG, they are just a way to add notes related to the temporary modifiers, and all the templates to support them are already built. Plus, if you decide to add specific ruleset support later, then the basics are already in place.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Technically, there's no reason to remove effects. In CoreRPG, they are just a way to add notes related to the temporary modifiers, and all the templates to support them are already built. Plus, if you decide to add specific ruleset support later, then the basics are already in place.

Regards,
    JPG
    I agree - they can always be used as labels even when there is no mechanical effect.

Excuse me if already answered: does this rule set support the New Traveller from Mongoose?
    https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/r...aveller-1.html
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Excuse me if already answered: does this rule set support the New Traveller from Mongoose?
    https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/r...aveller-1.html
    My understanding is this ruleset is only Mongoose Traveller 1st Edition. MadBeardMan (the developer) is kind of using this as a precursor learning set and a code base for for the later development of Mongoose New Traveller(2nd Edition) ruleset. Its his intent I gather from his posts to shortly follow up and shortly start the development of Mongoose 2nd Edition ruleset using this ruleset as a base for the 2nd Edition ruleset. see the following post MadBeardMan made in an earlier posting.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    This is only the Core Rulebook (Mongoose Traveller 1st Edition), the Mongoose New Traveller will have the Core plus all support books released over time.

I'm hoping that once this launches, others will convert the little black books, to add extra content. I will do a few myself (if I find the time) but my focus will be on New Traveller.

Regarding ships, there are no plans at the moment to include the ship sheet with the initial release, however I'll add it in a future update, as I'll support this ruleset like I am What's Old is New, plus any other ruleset I'll convert/create. Oddly enough I'm enjoying the ruleset coding....

Just finished adding Weapon Attack (actions) & Armour to the NPC character sheet.

Thanks,
    MBM
    I hope MadBeardMan doesn't mind my answering your question for him. If he does I apologize.
    Chumbly

Afternoon,

Just waiting to be called for dinner, but been speaking with Trenloe over the Initiative modifiers (hasten, dynamic, heft, recoil etc). As there's no effects in this version, a new column has been added to the CT (MOD) next to the Init. Anything entered here is added to the Init, but at the start of the next combat round, it's reset back to 0. Works perfect for Dynamic. I'm open to ideas on how to make it work better for weapon heft/recoil.

Now onto Heavy Weapons, then Party Sheet.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Evening,

Back now for the rest of the night, unless the missus wants to watch Blade Runner 2049.

Sorted the Heavy Weapons, started on the Party Sheet - already got the basics working.

Should finish the PS tonight. I'll then look at Spaceships, if that's something I can do in a day I'll add it, if not I'll start to build a list of what's coming in future builds once the beta is released.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Afternoon,

Just waiting to be called for dinner, but been speaking with Trenloe over the Initiative modifiers (hasten, dynamic, heft, recoil etc). As there's no effects in this version, a new column has been added to the CT (MOD) next to the Init. Anything entered here is added to the Init, but at the start of the next combat round, it's reset back to 0. Works perfect for Dynamic. I'm open to ideas on how to make it work better for weapon heft/recoil.

Now onto Heavy Weapons, then Party Sheet.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Just a suggestion, but maybe you might want to re-label the inititiative MOD label something like IMOD. itsa different beastie than the action/skill MOD, and relabeling it IMOD, might alleviate the confusions by the easily confused (gee we won't ever have any of those type people playing this ... will wee....?)over why when they change the MOD column next to Init, it isn't changing action rolls.

Chumbly
    Last edited by chumbly; April 15th, 2018 at 22:04.

Quote Originally Posted by chumbly View Post
    Just a suggestion, but maybe you might want to re-label the inititiative MOD label something like IMOD. itsa different beastie than the action/skill MOD, and relabeling it IMOD, might alleviate the confusions by the easily confused (gee we won't ever have any of those type people playing this ... will wee....?)over why when they change the MOD column next to Init, it isn't changing action rolls.

Chumbly
    I have a think after I finish the PS form... thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chumbly View Post

Chumbly
    Hi Chumbly,

Right finished the Party Sheet - so added a ToolTip ("Modifier for the Init total") and changed 'Mod' to 'iMod'.

Thanks again,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I agree - they can always be used as labels even when there is no mechanical effect.
    I've going to re-add them back in this week.

Cheers
    MBM

Thread Information