DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

New Deadlands Released

The latest edition of Deadlands was just released and there are mechanic changes to the game.
    How long does it usually take before an official ruleset is available for a new edition of a game?
    Everybody lies...
    -Dr. Gregory House, HOUSE MD-

Urge to destroy world, rising...
    -Black Mage, 8-Bit Theater-

How long is a piece of string?

When it is done, it will be done

Ikael is converting it, so it will rock, but be patient.

Lost Colony took me little time to convert, but it did not require LUA coding to rewrite SWADE game mechanics, Deadlands Weird West does.
    Last edited by Doswelk; July 22nd, 2020 at 08:34.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Knowing that its actively being worked on relieves me. I was afraid that it'll be a while before anyone starts tackling it.
    Everybody lies...
    -Dr. Gregory House, HOUSE MD-

Urge to destroy world, rising...
    -Black Mage, 8-Bit Theater-

I was just looking for the answer to this question! Thank you for asking, and for the work already in progress! Is there any feel for what all will be included? I apologize for my ignorance. I'm new to fantasy grounds so I don't have a feel for what is normally included when something like this is ported into the system. If there's somewhere else I can look, please let me know and I'll head that direction.

Any chance we can get an update on either:

How long is a piece of string
    Current progress of Deadlands : Weird West (aka Deadlands SWADE) conversion

I'd obviously like to know the later, but am willing to be distracted by the former.

Also, do we know yet if it will be an update to the existing ruleset or if it will be a new purchase? Feel free to distract me with another shiny if this isn't yet decided...

Quote Originally Posted by Minethulhu View Post
    How long is a piece of string
    The string has been given to a team of Scientists, Physicists, Televangelists, Illusionists, and Gary. Gary makes really good coffee.

We've got top men working on the answer. Top men!

Pretty sure I heard somethere that it will be a new one and not an update. Also John just stole the string so someone needs to get it back before it can be measured

I don't have an issue with purchasing Deadlands again, there's loads of new stuff in the update.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

What are the systemic changes? I just added a few things into the normal SWADE module and so far I cannot see any changes here that deviate from SWADE so far?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minethulhu View Post
    Also, do we know yet if it will be an update to the existing ruleset or if it will be a new purchase? Feel free to distract me with another shiny if this isn't yet decided...
    It's an entirely new product with its own SKU from Pinnacle -- the SWD edition is Deadlands: Reloaded while the new SWADE edition is Deadlands: The Weird West -- and so it will also be a new product here on FG.

As for an ETA, it's SmiteWorks' policy that they do not announce release dates unless/until they're positive the product will make that date. An individual developer can always state that they're working on any given project, or give status updates but once that project is submitted to QA it's out of our hands. TL;DR -- it'll get released when it's done.

Thread Information