FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 56 of 151 First ... 646545556575866106 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Ronnke, thanks for your work!
    What am I missing?

I also noticed that when I open up the Library, there is now a new button "Create PC". Is this new for this update, or has it always been there?
    Yeah you are missing a step. You can't "add" items to the lists. You must first create the item normally and then set the type field as one of "Defense", "Melee Weapon", or "Ranged Weapon". You can set the type as whatever you like, but the "lists buttons" only work with those specific types.

Create PC has always been there.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

I made some small changes and my long range weapons will look like this:
    Attachment 22800

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I made some small changes and my long range weapons will look like this:
    Attachment 22800
    Why not do it so the lists take the standard GURPS format.

rangeweaponlist.jpg
    rangeweapon.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    Yeah you are missing a step...
    What I was really missing is the "s", or adding it when it shouldn't be there! In the tabs up top, they are plural, but (of course!) need to be entered in the "type" field as singular.

Ronnke,

I see that on the character sheet, the old "Protection" tab (Under "Combat" tab) has been replaced by "Defenses", most likely to be consistent with the terminology created by this update. When I create a defense item (Leather Boots, for example), and try to drag it into the character sheet in this area, I get a,

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_item2.lua"]:27: bad argument #4 to 'setValue' (number expected, got string)

and the fields do not seem to populate correctly.

Another question - Is there any intention to be able to pull items off (drag and drop) of the inventory list of characters imported from GCA, in terms of damage, reach, weight etc.?

seycyrus, I can't reproduce the issue. Could you please show me how you have the "Leather boots" item configured. Even better would be to zip up that particular campaigns folder and drop it somewhere I could download it.

The protection tab was renamed to better conform to GURPS terminology used in their books and published material.

Another question - Is there any intention to be able to pull items off (drag and drop) of the inventory list of characters imported from GCA, in terms of damage, reach, weight etc.?
    Not quite following what you are asking here. You can drag an item from the inventory list as it stands, however, the current GCA export is not exporting the additional item information the latest ruleset release introduced. This will be updated at some point.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_item2.lua"]:27: bad argument #4 to 'setValue' (number expected, got string)
    Found the issue. Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    Not quite following what you are asking here. You can drag an item from the inventory list as it stands, however, the current GCA export is not exporting the additional item information the latest ruleset release introduced. This will be updated at some point.
    Thank you for the fix and my apologies for being vague. My question is more of a guidance issue.

What I had done BEFORE this update was to populate "Items" with gear dragged in from character sheets that were imported from GCA. They are not automatically changed with the update. I am tempted to just start slowly making everything compatible with the new ruleset, but if the update to the update is forthcoming, it would be better to wait.

Are YOU manually populating your items and inventories, or are you holding off?

I suggest you hold off on any wholesale imports of your item lists and only manually update as needed. There will be a new update once I've decided on the best way to handle the multiple modes GURPS has for each item. That update will also be accompanied by a new version of the GCA exporter scripts.

Now you just have to figure out how to put the new damage and parry and reach fields on the line underneath this "table"
    And yes, I left blank the same fill of titles

Attachment 22804

Thread Information