DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

SFS #1-07: The Solar Sortie Sat October 13 @ 1 PM GMT

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–4.

When Historia-7, the leader of the Dataphiles faction, uncovers the first hints of a conspiracy operating against the Starfinder Society, the PCs must assist her in uncovering the truth. Sent to a corporate space station orbiting the Pact Worlds' sun, the PCs must earn favor with the hedonist son of a corporate CEO to gain access to the confidential files Historia-7 needs. However, the PCs are stuck in the middle when this corrupt dilettante's proclivities and shady associations emerge to thwart the Starfinders' covert infiltration.

Content in The Solar Sortie also contributes to the ongoing goals of the Dataphiles faction.

Written by Jenny Jarzabski Cary

Starfinder Society Scenario Tags: Faction (Dataphiles), Starship

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar, stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet), either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel).

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Other notes:

To speed up the session, you might also want to discuss starship roles in advance.

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Newcomers to SF, SFS and/or FG are welcome.

Oooohh, infiltration, you say? Sounds like a job for Veevee the drone! XD

I'm interested in joining as well. Level 2 Lashunta Technomancer
    If you're not having fun, then you're not doing it right.

Glad to have you.

As per Stephan's (The GM's) request that we settle star ship roles prior to the game, I can offer to be either a Science officer with a +4 on Computers or Captain, with a +6 on Bluff and Diplomacy. However you may want to wear your space suits in cabin, as I have a habit of suggesting to cut life support systems in the middle of starship combat in an effort to conserve resources and apply extra boosts to ship offensive and defensive systems. As a player I realize that this is not really a practical thing, but to my character, HuMN, it really always seems like the best logical step to take in the middle of combat to eek out an advantage over the enemy.

Calumbran xml and last chronicle attached.

Calumbran is a scholar, engineer, and scientist. He is not particularly well-versed in the social graces. For starship roles, Calumbran would be strongest as engineer or science officer (+10 in Computer and Engineering). Pilot would be secondary choice (+6)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by KevenSimmons; October 11th, 2018 at 22:57.
    If you're not having fun, then you're not doing it right.

Alright, thanks. Imported.

Quote Originally Posted by jakemtl View Post
    As per Stephan's (The GM's) request that we settle star ship roles prior to the game, I can offer to be either a Science officer with a +4 on Computers or Captain, with a +6 on Bluff and Diplomacy. However you may want to wear your space suits in cabin, as I have a habit of suggesting to cut life support systems in the middle of starship combat in an effort to conserve resources and apply extra boosts to ship offensive and defensive systems. As a player I realize that this is not really a practical thing, but to my character, HuMN, it really always seems like the best logical step to take in the middle of combat to eek out an advantage over the enemy.
    Cassandra's been doing really well as both science officer, and engineer. She is also not very suited to anything else, although she can pilot, in a pinch.

OK, it looks like the party will be heavy on Science Officers and Engineers, so I can bring in Golan, a level 2 operative instead of my level 1 envoy. Golan has a +8 in Piloting. Calumbran and Cassandra sound like they would be the best choice for Science Officer and Engineer. Unless we hear otherwise from Wex Theobold, he can be gunner, or just jump into a different role if he is better suited to something else. I can always run the guns if Wex Theobold is a better at being the pilot. I am looking forward to playign through the adventure with you guys!

Wex could go pilot or gunner (Piloting +7; Gunnery +4). He could also do science officer or engineer, but with two technomancers and a mechanic I think we have a surplus of applicants for those spots!

Thread Information