FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Issues modifying 5e Actions tab

Hey so as the title says, struggling to add powers to the Actions tab in the character sheet, the fantasy grounds 5e wiki says that once a group has been created, and a new element added, a magnifying glass should appear at the end of each entry to allow you to modify it from a spell to an ability, no such luck for me yet - no matter what it turns into a spell

Building a system where there are both abilities & spells so you can see the issue of not being able to differentiate

Added an image of my current power list in case I am being blind

Test Power.JPG

You already have the magnifying glass on the power description line. This is what the Wiki is referring to when it says:

4. Click on the magnifying glass at the end of the Power Group line to bring up the editing dialog.
    5. Users can toggle the sword or spell icon below the Power Group name to show whether this is a spell or attack group.

Additionally, you'll get the magnifying glass after a spell/power name once there is something to show. If you manually created the power (i.e. didn't drag/drop a spell to the actions tab), all you have is the name and any info entered when you click the link button. But there's no details. To create these you need to add them via the right-click Add Action menu. Add a cast action for attack/save, damage for damage, etc. to show the magnifying glass. But, all this will do is show/hide the actions you've created.

EDIT: Also moved from the Workshop forum to the 5E forum. The workshop forum is meant for modifying the ruleset or creating custom rulesets.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

As the Wiki says you need to enter a name in the right hand box to name your power group before the magnifying glass appears at the end of the line. You have done this in your test description group but not in the top group. The dialog lets you set the group type for all of the actions in the group. You don’t set spell or action in the individual actions; only in the group.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ah thank you so much, that solved it for me - While we're on the topic, is there a way to pre-make these powers the same way the spells are dragged and dropped in? or do you need to manually make them each time you want a power with a particular action, for a character

Quote Originally Posted by Gestosad View Post
    ... is there a way to pre-make these powers the same way the spells are dragged and dropped in? or do you need to manually make them each time you want a power with a particular action, for a character
    Make a dummy PC to hold the full developed power, then you can drag the power from the dummy reference PC to a new PC.

See the "Complete Package Series" in this post for examples: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ul-information
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Clever, thank you very much!

And i will look through that entire page, so thank you for that as well

Also, if you want to save yourself a bunch of time, you can purchase the Rob2e coding packs which basically has everything already coded, and you can just drag and drop it into the char sheet. SUPER HANDY.
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/226...b+twohy+coding

oo i see, given that i am modifying to my own system, so i will use none of the 5.0 abilities and effects, does this still provide benefit beyond just tutorialization?

Quote Originally Posted by Gestosad View Post
    oo i see, given that i am modifying to my own system, so i will use none of the 5.0 abilities and effects, does this still provide benefit beyond just tutorialization?
    If you aren't using anything from 5e then neither the Complete Package nor Rob's stuff will be any use to you. If I am understanding you correctly. If you aren't using any effects from 5e then why are you bothering with the actions tab at all since you won't be using the effects?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If you aren't using any effects from 5e then why are you bothering with the actions tab at all since you won't be using the effects?
    Terribly sorry, clearly i didn't explain myself well at all

I'm not using any of the dnd 5.0 abilities, spells, actions or power from what i believe you refer to as The Players' Handbook (at least that's what I've gleaned from your Youtube tutorials, great help btw)
    But i am going to use large parts of the dnd 5.0 system, so i imagine it would still be beneficial to get these packages

Thread Information