5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Complex NPC

Blog Entries
    v3.3.4 has spell tracking as standard Once the NPC is added to the combat tracker, spells per level will be listed in the "Offense" details (click the "sword") at the top of the "Spells" section.

Ok so here is a little Easter Egg for Christmas.
    Ill leave it in this thread for now until it gets some feedback...

Attached is an extension that will allow you to manually track spell usage by NPCs.
    There are some things that will likely change - should the fact that a NPC is casting a spell be reported to the chat window?
    There are some height anchoring issues.
    There is some superfluous code.

But most of all this (at least in the current build) has to copy too much code from 5e and is likely to be a PITA to maintain...

Anyways - please try it out and let me know what does and doesnt work... and if anyone could specifically check out the height anchoring issues Id appreciate it...

EDIT: Fixed a bug that I didnt see first time round due to a change in labels... if you tried it already and it didnt work... sorry -this one should fix the bug...
    EDIT: Fixed two more bugs and set it to NOT display Spell usage to the players by default and to allow the GM to change this in options.

5ENPCSpells.gif
    npcspells.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Noice.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

The default expectation for an NPC is to live and die fast and hard in less than 60 seconds!
    NPC lives matter!!!

(( couldn't help myself ))

Blog Entries
    EDIT: Fixed a bug that I didnt see first time round due to a change in labels... if you tried it already and it didnt work... uploaded to the original post above.

Of course NPC Lives Matter... for at least 6 seconds.

Wonderful! A great Christmas gift for sure.

I did run into a small bug though. On the NPC sheet itself, it seems that the level 2 and level 5 counts are connected. Changing L2 on the combat tracker changes L2 and L5 on the sheet (and so on), while L5 on the combat tracker is all on its lonesome.

Untitled 1245125125.png

Blog Entries
    Thank you - I have fixed now but before I upload what are your thoughts on the NPC spell use being reported to the chat window?
    I could see that some/many GMs might prefer that not to happen...

It probably shouldn't be shown there, it's the sort of thing I'd lump in with secret rolls. A lot of DMs wouldn't mind it being posted, but I have a feeling that those that don't want it to be posted would be really upset with not having the option to hide it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittenhugs View Post
    It probably shouldn't be shown there, it's the sort of thing I'd lump in with secret rolls. A lot of DMs wouldn't mind it being posted, but I have a feeling that those that don't want it to be posted would be really upset with not having the option to hide it.
    Indeed.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I was just running a game where I was thinking about this problem, and wham! you come up with a solution. Not only are you a genius but a mind reader as well

But I still see the LVL2 and LVL 5 connection issue.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Axoid View Post
    I was just running a game where I was thinking about this problem, and wham! you come up with a solution. Not only are you a genius but a mind reader as well

But I still see the LVL2 and LVL 5 connection issue.
    I havent uploaded the new version... I was seeking feedback on the chat message...

Thread Information