5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 80 of 89 First ... 30707879808182 ... Last
    I've alerted the developer.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Module: Vault of Magic by Kobold Press

It seems like this module re-exports a lot of content from the PHB or DMG. Huge lists of duplicated spells and monsters that don't seem to be different from the core sources.

Quote Originally Posted by anathemort View Post
    Module: Vault of Magic by Kobold Press

It seems like this module re-exports a lot of content from the PHB or DMG. Huge lists of duplicated spells and monsters that don't seem to be different from the core sources.
    Any third party 5e content will necessarily use the SRD resource.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Any third party 5e content will necessarily use the SRD resource.
    Ok, not sure I follow. Because they're using it they have to re-export it?

I'm not sure what you mean by re-export.

I don't have this module but if it includes monsters from the SRD then those monsters would need to be included in the module as well as any items, spells etc needed to complete the module.

In Tomb of Annihilation:

NPC: Spiked Tomb Guardian
    • The Berserk trait says "golem" in the description instead of "Tomb Guardian" in "The golem's creator..."
    • The Magic Weapons trait says "golem" in the description instead of "Tomb Guardian"
    • The Chained trait says "Guardian" in the description in a few places instead of "Tomb Guardian". It may also be helpful to include a note that as long as the tomb guardian remains chained to the other that they cannot move more than 15 feet apart (per Story: 05.10.18 41. Tomb Guardians)
    • The Spiked Gauntlet action says "...plus 9 (2d6) piercing damage..." but should be "...plus 7 (2d6 piercing damage)..." (per Story: 05.10.18 41. Tomb Guardians)

NPC: Tomb Guardian
    • The Berserk trait says "golem" in the description instead of "Tomb Guardian" in "The golem's creator..."
    • The Magic Weapons trait says "golem" in the description instead of "Tomb Guardian"

Story: 05.10.23 44B. Inside the Vault
    • The linked Encounter 05.10.23 44B. Inside the Vault includes an NPC: Iron Sphere. The Iron Sphere NPC contains only a trait for the Slick Floor, but does not have any of the information about the sphere from the Black Drape, Iron Sphere section in the Story entry. For example, a trait for the Magical Magnetic Field would be helpful.

THanks Ecks; I'll note all that down (I think I already have a report about the Tomb Guardian having stray wording in it).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anathemort View Post
    Ok, not sure I follow. Because they're using it they have to re-export it?
    The standard for FG modules is that adventure modules are made to be stand alone. i.e. they should include all data objects used in the adventure, be that NPCs, spells, items, etc.

Given that only the DMsGuild license allows use of content from the PHB, DMG, MM that means that products sold elsewhere can only use the SRD content. So all the data objects you mentioned in the KP product sold on the FG store should have come from the SRD. Which is not only legal, but the desired approach.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by re-export.

I don't have this module but if it includes monsters from the SRD then those monsters would need to be included in the module as well as any items, spells etc needed to complete the module.
    This is correct Zacch. Kobold Press is restricted to using SRD content per the OGL. I've included the SRD content in the VoM module for convenience to look up the referenced spells and such. This makes the module usable without loading the SRD modules. This has been requested many, many times over the two years I have made modules for KP.

Quote Originally Posted by Minxdobby69 View Post
    This is correct Zacch. Kobold Press is restricted to using SRD content per the OGL. I've included the SRD content in the VoM module for convenience to look up the referenced spells and such. This makes the module usable without loading the SRD modules. This has been requested many, many times over the two years I have made modules for KP.
    Gotcha all, thanks for the clarification

Thread Information