DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[Unity] SWADE bugs/clarifications

Hi,
    I recently upgraded to FGU and I have the following issues for SWADE:

1) Players cannot see NPCs defeated (blood) markers (bug reported also here)

2) In FGClassic, SWADE showed the inches moved by tokens on map with a clear white number (well visible) when as GM moved them holding 'Ctrl' key. Whereas in FGUnity:
    - I can't find a way to show inches moved by NPCs tokens on map.
    - The inches moved by PCs are visible, but the graphic is not clear, since the inches are showed overlapping the token, with the colour of the PC dice: the inches are therefore scarcely visible, especially when dice colour and token colour/shape are similar..

3) Ammos are consumed also when the attack is re-rolled using a Benny: it's a bit annoying since the player must edit the ammo whenever it happens..

1) I need to research generic tokens added to the map to see why the default settings might have changed. It's on my short list.

2) You need to use the Alt key to trigger planned token movement on the GM side when token locking is enabled. This is different than on FGC.

3) I'll pass on to SW developer.

Reagrds,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    1) I need to research generic tokens added to the map to see why the default settings might have changed. It's on my short list.

2) You need to use the Alt key to trigger planned token movement on the GM side when token locking is enabled. This is different than on FGC.

3) I'll pass on to SW developer.

Reagrds,
    JPG
    Thank you so much.
    What about the scarce visibility of inches moved?! (point 2, second bullet)

Can you post a screenshot?

JPG

Can you post a screenshot?

JPG
    I should wait for a session. Meanwhile, look (for a bare example) at this Immagine 2020-11-30 131439.png
    The scarce visibility is even more emphasized when the dice colour is similar to token colour!

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    I should wait for a session. Meanwhile, look (for a bare example) at this Immagine 2020-11-30 131439.png
    The scarce visibility is even more emphasized when the dice colour is similar to token colour!
    Here is an example of scarce visibility of the inches moved (because overlapping the token): red.png

I'm not following. I see the numbers for planned movement in both instances.

What are you seeing that is incorrect?

Regards,
    JPG

I'm not following. I see the numbers for planned movement in both instances.

What are you seeing that is incorrect?

Regards,
    JPG
    The numbers are correct. The point is that numbers are not clearly visible in both istances (especially in the last one), because the numbers overlap the tokens. The FGC way to show the numbers, with clear white numbers not overlapping any token, was far more clear.
    Last edited by Galdor; December 1st, 2020 at 09:21.

Since the number is using the current character's die color, I have asked my players to choose bright die colors as a workaround.
    I have no idea if it would work, but if the "number circle" on the pointer was the inverse of the character's color choice, i.e. die color for text and text color (black or white) for background, it would give better contrast.
    It would also be great if the circle had a fixed scale so it would be readable even if you're zoomed out on a large map.

Quote Originally Posted by PikeWake View Post
    Since the number is using the current character's die color, I have asked my players to choose bright die colors as a workaround.
    I have no idea if it would work, but if the "number circle" on the pointer was the inverse of the character's color choice, i.e. die color for text and text color (black or white) for background, it would give better contrast.
    It would also be great if the circle had a fixed scale so it would be readable even if you're zoomed out on a large map.
    I don't like to limit my choice of the dice colour in order to make movement visible. I liked FGC because displayed movement with a clear white number not overlapping anything..

Thread Information