FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    While this may be true but ultimately it's up to Johniba. Sometimes other things have to take priority because it effects the code in a certain way. Not saying it does in this case, but sometimes it matters what comes 1st.
    That is true.

Some things tie up my hands, for example, I have to update some parts of the code related to the die roll so the code understands targeting, before i work on some small automation, like adding setback dice automatically to the dice pool, when attacking a target

Not sure if it matters but I noticed that some of the NPCs in Secrets of the Crucible have Motivations in there stat block. As of yet there isn't a place to put that information.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Not sure if it matters but I noticed that some of the NPCs in Secrets of the Crucible have Motivations in there stat block. As of yet there isn't a place to put that information.
    Hi Sevrick

That is an easy one for me to add, i will do for the next update

As far as magic and the action tab is concerned I think being able to shrink down the spell descriptions into a clickable button would be an excellent first step. The 5e code for spells seems like it might be a good place to start.

After that, it would be great if instead of setting up a roll for a specific spell ability on each line setting a group of spells so that everything under Y category will default to X skill. That way the player can quickly go down the list and add difficulty to the roll. I want to use an attack spell (click), with empowered (click) and deadly (click).

Lastly (and this is pure wish listing to fit a house rule), being able to set up each of these buttons with their own dice and not just their own difficulty. In my house rule, if a caster wants to tack on a addition to a spell that they are not familiar with they absolutely can but instead of adding difficulty to the to the roll they add challenge. This could also be helpful in adding automatic boost or setback to specific rolls due to gear or equipment.

Thanks for including us in the process Johniba! Hope this all helps.

Johniba, one of my player is asking if replacing the rolled dices with the actual Genesys dices would be something hard to code.
    They are asking this because they think they would be able to do the models for the dices, if it can help.

I don't know if it would be hard on your side, just said i would ask as they proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelk View Post
    Johniba, one of my player is asking if replacing the rolled dices with the actual Genesys dices would be something hard to code.
    They are asking this because they think they would be able to do the models for the dices, if it can help.

I don't know if it would be hard on your side, just said i would ask as they proposed.
    If possible, that would be awesome.

Perhaps that question should be thrown out to the larger mod community here - perhaps someone has done something in another ruleset that can be adapted?

Building on this - I'm wondering if it's possible to add a way to hide dice roles from players. Right now they always see any narrative dice roll results. Only percentile rolls can be hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post

Perhaps that question should be thrown out to the larger mod community here - perhaps someone has done something in another ruleset that can be adapted?

Building on this - I'm wondering if it's possible to add a way to hide dice roles from players. Right now they always see any narrative dice roll results. Only percentile rolls can be hidden.
    Yes the eye icon near the chat window should hide the dice roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelk View Post

This has been asked before and unfortunatelly the FG Devs said the dice models are hard coded.
    I would love for them to have some way for us to customize those dice in the future, but for now it is not possible, I am afraid

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post

Do you mean for the GM to hide dice rolls? That is in the rulesets already... the little eye icon in the dicebox, below the chat window.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    As far as magic and the action tab is concerned I think being able to shrink down the spell descriptions into a clickable button would be an excellent first step. The 5e code for spells seems like it might be a good place to start.

After that, it would be great if instead of setting up a roll for a specific spell ability on each line setting a group of spells so that everything under Y category will default to X skill. That way the player can quickly go down the list and add difficulty to the roll. I want to use an attack spell (click), with empowered (click) and deadly (click).

Lastly (and this is pure wish listing to fit a house rule), being able to set up each of these buttons with their own dice and not just their own difficulty. In my house rule, if a caster wants to tack on a addition to a spell that they are not familiar with they absolutely can but instead of adding difficulty to the to the roll they add challenge. This could also be helpful in adding automatic boost or setback to specific rolls due to gear or equipment.

Thanks for including us in the process Johniba! Hope this all helps.
    Including buttons to minimize them is easy, actually the code I used is based on the dnd5 code for that, so i can easly add it.
    I will see if I can improve that, your suggestions are really nice

Thread Information