FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 14 of 105 First ... 412131415162464 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfront View Post
    Styrmir,
    First thank you for continuing this project. I'm not sure how I could ever go back to "vanilla".
    I noticed since you have updated 5e Combat Enhancer to 3.3.7 image/map layer that the "pop-out/in" buttons (not really sure of name) covers the GM Clear Saves Button.

Attachment 25972

I tried adjusting the /scaleui but that does not change the layout.
    Hello Halfront, I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying my extension so much, hearing such feedback from yourself and others makes it worthwhile!

Thank you for your feedback, I am aware of the issue you have pointed out.

It's been somewhat awkward to try to get all the buttons to move further to the left, and the right edge align is underneath the image panel background buttons (the save clear button is right-aligned). Also offsetting it to the left only places it on top of the other buttons which are left aligned.
    Left aligning it places it to the very left but makes it non-functional.

I'm not sure if this is an oversight by SW with the patch, that is that the right align anchoring doesn't start further to the left and not underneath those buttons. In which case it might get fixed with time in a patch.
    Or if not, then I need to do some further changes to the UI xml. But I'm learning as I go.

In general I wanted to get 1.3.0 out to everyone as soon as possible, to share the 3.3.7 supported build that I had been running. After I got the main functionality working properly and clearing up the errors, plus some further changes. Then address smaller issues with patches if need be. Rather than hold onto it for who knows how long until I felt everything was perfect.

Software development is one of these things, it's never done. Much like art. Finish and fix one thing, then another thing comes up or another idea is added. Feature creep if you will. So better to release often and get community feedback and address smaller things in patches while letting everyone get access to the main features to play with.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; January 15th, 2019 at 10:04.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    What is your campaign setting for "Token (GM)" -> "Auto-scale to Grid"? I'm guessing it's set to "Off". With the default setting of 80% the blood spatter will be scaled to be 80% within a single grid square.
    For that screenshot the "Auto-scale" to grid was set to "100% of grid".
    "80% of grid" gives me similar results as for visibility of blood splatter.

ps. It shouldn't make a difference as I assume FG renders everything to scale, but my screen resolution is at 1920 x 1080.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Something is odd. Here is my map with me setting token scale off then on again. All the blood tokens on the map increased in size. I did a bit of resizing of the monster and character tokens to get them back to the right size. The grid is 50x50.

Screenshot 2019-01-15 at 13.53.39.jpg

Here is the map straight after I apply damage to the ogre and he is dying.

Screenshot 2019-01-15 at 13.54.33.jpg

All the blood splatters shrink I know not why. It makes no difference if scale to grid is at 100%, 80% or off

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    Something is odd. Here is my map with me setting token scale off then on again. All the blood tokens on the map increased in size. I did a bit of resizing of the monster and character tokens to get them back to the right size. The grid is 50x50.

Screenshot 2019-01-15 at 13.53.39.jpg

Here is the map straight after I apply damage to the ogre and he is dying.

Screenshot 2019-01-15 at 13.54.33.jpg

All the blood splatters shrink I know not why. It makes no difference if scale to grid is at 100%, 80% or off
    Try defining the grid first (50x50 for example) before adding any tokens, then adding the tokens where they scale 80% or 100%.
    Do not unlock the token scale after this. Then see if the blood doesn't splatters don't look better.

Or try doing all your resizing before you enter combat, so blood splatter is drawn to that grid size and token scale.
    The blood splatter is something inherited from the AK extensions, while it isn't perfect it is pretty good.

As for myself I tend to set the grid to around 50x50 and drag tokens onto that, and I find blood splatters to look consistently good when I run a game.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; January 15th, 2019 at 11:22.

I tried all that but no joy.

By the way, if you drop a blood spatter token directly onto a map, does it scale into a grid scale?

Here are the 12 tokens dropped. Screenshot 2019-01-15 at 14.42.30.png THe grid was set as 50x50 before they dropped.

As they are treated like tokens I would assume so, as long as you have token scaling turned on. When placed via code it scales randomly to give a variety of shapes and sizes.

Here's the code for the combat and when the blood splatter arrives.

Database Notice: Campaign saved.
    Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrollay_image)
    Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrollay_image)
    Runtime Notice: s'UPDATING attributes for replaced token'
    Runtime Notice: s'UPDATING attributes for replaced token'
    Database Notice: Campaign saved.
    Last edited by spoonhead; January 15th, 2019 at 12:22.

Those are notification, not errors, so no need to worry. Errors where something breaks are referred to as errors and appear in red. These refer to zooming in or out from what I've gathered. Happens when you use your middle mouse button to zoom in or out.

Quote for that Script Error in the thread from the original AK extension:
    Is present due to FG's hard cap on recursive events, even if it only recurses 1 depth level (no further). It's a needed setting making sure all 3 layers have their grids synchronized; else when you zoomed the grids would have a 'herky-jerky' movement. Note that each layer has a 'grid' hence why with AK or base Enhanced Layers, the grid looks 'thicker'.

Never had any issues with blood splatters myself since starting to use AK a few months back, and nothing has changed in the rendition code handling the splatter.

I can give that section a look over but wouldn't want to spend to much time on it, already spent far to many hours long into the night over the last few weeks to update the extension to work for 3.3.7 without compensation beyond the gratitude of the community. Which I of course greatly appreciate, and thank you all for your kind comments with that in mind.

That aside if you get to many issues with the blood splatters you could always turn them off I suppose, simply by removing the graphics for them.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; January 18th, 2019 at 07:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    I'm not sure if this is an oversight by SW with the patch, that is that the right align anchoring doesn't start further to the left and not underneath those buttons. In which case it might get fixed with time in a patch.
    In 3.3.7 there are now 2 different windowclass entries - one for the floating image window toollbar (imagewindow_toolbar) and one for both of the image panels (imagepanelwindow_toolbar). The floating window toolbar controls are left aligned, the desktop panel window controls are right aligned. For the enhanced images extension I had to copy the XML definitions of the extension toolbar from the floating windowclass into the panel windowclass and adjust to use the right anchor. As long as the anchoring is all "relative", it should all adjust automatically and should be a case of adjusting the anchor (the edge used for the anchor and which side of the anchor to position the control) for each control and maybe play with the offset for the first control. You may also want to change the order of the control definitions in the XML, so that they display in a similar order in the toolbar.

This an example of a floating window toolbar anchor:

Code:
    <buttoncontrol name="toggle_layers" insertbefore="h2">
    	<anchored to="toolbar_anchor" width="34" height="34">
    		<top />
    		<left anchor="right" relation="relative" />
    	</anchored>
    The left side of the control is anchored to the right side of the relative (previous) control anchored to the same anchor control (toolbar_anchor).

The same control for the window panel is:

Code:
    <buttoncontrol name="toggle_layers" insertbefore="h2">
    		<top />
    		<right anchor="left" relation="relative" />
    	</anchored>
    This time the right side of the control is anchored to the left side of the relative control anchor.

If you look at how the combat enhancer extension uses anchors (I hope that it uses relative anchors and not static bounds) then it *should* be relatively straightforward to change the position of the right most control - use an "offset" to shift it left away from the panel buttons.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Follow up:

Looking at the combat enhancer extension. The issue (clear saves button overlapping the panel buttons) is caused due to the "<buttoncontrol name="toolbar_clear_saves">" entry still using left relative anchoring - so it's being positioned to the right of the other controls, hence causing overlap.

Code:
    <buttoncontrol name="toolbar_clear_saves">
    		<top />
    		<left anchor="right" relation="relative" />					
    	</anchored>
    As mentioned in my previous post, change this to be <right anchor="left" relation="relative" />

You'll also then need to look at the order of the control definition in the XML to display in the desired order now that the toolbar is being built from the right side.

This is all needed so that smaller images build the toolbar from the main point of origin (top left for floating windows, top right for image panels) - allowing the buttons to be displayed correctly.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information