FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 21 of 28 First ... 111920212223 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is different about a map from a module that causes the failure (top level)?
    It's just that for the effect application, since the big effect window works globally, the logic currently attempts to get 'all selected tokens' on 'all open' image windows.

Except.. There is no get all open image windows function in FG, you need to literally try to find an image window with all data nodes. So if you have the monster manual open, it'll try find imagewindows that use each image in the datanode repository.

This is if it looked through reference.images, currently it only looks at images so yes, pretty much only things in the campaigns image data folder.

A full fix would be to track open windows, and if it's an image window, put it a store of some kind so this dataset can then be referenced rather than iterating through the entire library of images. Currently I don't have time for that, and if when I do get around to that, It'll be integrated into AK2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by ryukra View Post
    What did you do to draw the image in the background? Why not just fake it with the actual map window and put it in the back+immoveable?
    You can't lock windows in FG, many of the things AK does as well as AK2.0 in my little sample, work through hacking at FG's restricted feature set to produce novel non-kosher behavior. It's still in early alpha and I already have a few testers combing through it (sorry, not taking anymore). Generally if my functionality asks get added to FG, I'll release it sooner rather than later, else I'll release it for "FG Classic" when unity rolls out.

So the only way is to use panels and that makes everything so difficult, right.
    Is "<nodrag />" anything to think about? EDIT: Ah.. only to disable drag and drop sources.
    What is with resetting the window position and scale after OnMove()? o.o
    Last edited by ryukra; October 27th, 2018 at 01:46.

Just for my personal preference I edited a few icons in the :
    \Fantasy Grounds\data\extensions\advanced_kombat_5e-master\graphics\token
    folder to adjust the size that appears when they overlay onto a token. I really like the Fail/Save icons but felt they covered too much of the token. I used GIMP and used Image/Scale Image to change the icons from 350px to 150px. For the overlay_dying icons I adjusted them from 500px to 250px.

AK icon changes.JPG

Ken you rock!

Since I’ve started using your extension both of my players and I have grown addicted to it. It is fantastic. It is extremely frustrating that I cannot use my module maps, I have to look for maps on the fly to use. So my question to you is can we take the module maps and make a copy of them? In other words, is there a workaround that I can do in preparation for the game? How about an option that turns on that ability even though it slows it down.?

Maybe use the Windows snipping tool to take a screenshot of the map and then use that copy for the player map?

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    Since I’ve started using your extension both of my players and I have grown addicted to it. It is fantastic. It is extremely frustrating that I cannot use my module maps, I have to look for maps on the fly to use. So my question to you is can we take the module maps and make a copy of them? In other words, is there a workaround that I can do in preparation for the game? How about an option that turns on that ability even though it slows it down.?
    You can't copy images from a module.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Exelent work. Thank you very much. You made my life as DM easier.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    My work around solution for module map use. I've only just figured this out and so have only done it once in a game but it worked then. I setup an encounter in Fantasy Grounds and place the tokens on the module map as usual. Then as each encounter occurs I load it into the combat tracker. Then I go to the module map and select all the tokens as a group and use the "remove selected from tracker" function. The tokens now work with the Advanced Kombat extension as they should. If you do this before your players join you will get script errors for the image. I have received script errors on placement but these haven't seemed to cause further problems. This also gives me easy access to the encounter XP award which using AK by itself doesn't give me. Hope this is helpful to some.
    Last edited by Tabarkus; November 3rd, 2018 at 21:17.

Could someone please give me a quick tutorial on how to adjust the sizes of the 'saves' icons and 'stabalise' icons?
    I've tried adjusting the pixel size with PAINT, but it doesn't seem to have any effect and the icon completely covers the PC player character icons and NPCS.

Thanks in advance.

Booker.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Booker Grimm View Post
    Could someone please give me a quick tutorial on how to adjust the sizes of the 'saves' icons and 'stabalise' icons?
    I've tried adjusting the pixel size with PAINT, but it doesn't seem to have any effect and the icon completely covers the PC player character icons and NPCS.
    I can't give you a tutorial, and I doubt it can be done quickly. Ken or someone will be along to give you more info on that part.

But, these ime these types of issues are usually due to map resolution. Are you using 50 pixels per square on your maps? And what resolution are your tokens? I've found that if I use maps of like 5 or 10 pixels per square, then the icons you talk about are really big, because they are so many pixels and don't scale with the map and token resolutions.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information