FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Star Wars: Edge of the Empire ruleset - Custom Critical Text extension

The attached extension provides all of the data for the personal and vehicle critical hit details from Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion and Force & Destiny (they're all the same). This allows you, privately, to change the copyright safe text to the proper text from the books. Please don't share any copyright text you update. This is provided to allow you to personally enter the copyright data for your own private games.

Installation instructions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...iew#Extensions

Activate the "Star Wars EotE Critical Text" extension on your "Star Wars EotE" ruleset campaigns.

See post #2 for instructions on modifying the file.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This is an extension that takes the base critical hit data from the ruleset and allows you to (personally and privately) modify it to display the full (copyright protected) critical injury text - rather than the "See page XXX..." text.

I can't provide the full critical injury text in the base ruleset for copyright reasons. But this extension will allow you to spend approx. 10-15 minutes to enter the copyright text into the extension (XML editing required) and use it to display full critical hit info in your own games. Please don't share any resulting extension if it contains copyright data.

The extension contains two LUA tables - one for personal critical hits (called critical_injury_result_data) and one for vehicle critical hits (called critical_vehicle_result_data). A sample of the critical_injury_result_data is shown below:

Code:
    critical_injury_result_data = {
    	["Minor Nick"] = {
    			d100_start = 1,
    			d100_end = 5,
    			name = "Minor Nick (1)",
    			description = "<p>See Page 217 Edge of the Empire(tm) or page 231 Age of Rebellion(tm).</p>",
    			severity = 1,
    		},
    	["Slowed Down"] = {
    			d100_start = 6,
    			d100_end = 10,
    			name = "Slowed Down (1)",
    			description = "<p>See Page 217 Edge of the Empire(tm) or page 231 Age of Rebellion(tm).</p>",
    			severity = 1,
    		},
    	["Sudden Jolt"] = {
    			d100_start = 11,
    			d100_end = 15,
    			name = "Sudden Jolt (1)",
    			severity = 1,
    		},
    The highlighted entries are the text you want to change.

Steps to do this:

1. Rename the extension file from "Star Wars EotE Criticals.ext" to "Star Wars EotE Criticals.zip"
    2. Extract the ZIP file into your <FG App Data>\extensions directory - you should end up with a directory called <FG app data>\extensions\Star Wars EotE Criticals
    3. In this directory open the sw_custom_critical_text.lua file in a text editor. I use Notepad++ for all my FG editing.
    4. Edit the text as highlighted above - between the <p> ... </p> tags.
    5. Save the file.
    6. Load FG and activate the "Star Wars EotE Criticals" extension for a "Star Wars EotE" campaign. Load your campaign.
    7. Drag a critical to a PC/NPC to test. Note: the text won't display in the chat window (I'll add this to a later version of the ruleset). On the PC/NPC sheet, open the critical (click the link) to see the custom critical text.

For example:

If you want to make the extension into a .ext file, ZIP up the two files (extension.xml and sw_custom_critical_text.lua), rename the .ZIp file to "Star Wars EotE Critical.ext" and put in your <FG app data>\extensions directory. Delete the extension directory created in step #2 in the list above - this is no longer needed, the .ext file will be used instead.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 8th, 2015 at 19:33.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Saw this while browsing on my phone, got excited :P...

Cheers for this Tren, will save me a lot of hassle! My actual work around for this (before the extension) was to drag the criticals to an NPC databank, so whenever someone got a crit, I'd simply drag the text from the corresponding critical to their one. I did the same with talents. But this makes things so much easier!

When editing the critical result xml file I noticed a typo not sure if it matters but it's says "Gruesome Injury" for the title instead of "Major Hull Breach" on the vehicle criticals. For now I can change it easy enough for me, but just thought you should know.

(Moved to the extension thread which this relates to)

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    When editing the critical result xml file I noticed a typo not sure if it matters but it's says "Gruesome Injury" for the title instead of "Major Hull Breach" on the vehicle criticals. For now I can change it easy enough for me, but just thought you should know.
    Thanks for letting me know. It's just an internal reference name and is not displayed in FG. I'll look into updating it to avoid confusion, but it won't affect how FG displays data.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 28th, 2016 at 17:49.

I Have a doubt. In what section shows the critics in character sheet?
    (Please ignore the image, I already read is not showing in chat, but can't find it in the character sheet)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rmartinezv; October 12th, 2019 at 06:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmartinezv View Post
    I Have a doubt. In what section shows the critics in character sheet?
    (Please ignore the image, I already read is not showing in chat, but can't find it in the character sheet)
    Criticals aren't automatically rolled. Drag/drop the critical icon from below the chat window to the PC/NPC sheet or the actor entry in the combat tracker. The critical will be rolled and applied to the "Critical Injuries (severity)" section of the sheet.

See this video, starting at 5:13: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6o...9kREZsc1U/view
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 12th, 2019 at 13:05.

Now I got it. Thank you again! This video helps me a lot!.Do you know if someone in the community is traslanting to any lenguage the ruleset?

Now I got it. Thank you again! This video helps me a lot!.
    There's more videos linked in the ruleset thread.

Do you know if someone in the community is traslanting to any lenguage the ruleset?
    Not that I'm aware.

Blog Entries
    Now I got it. Thank you again! This video helps me a lot!.Do you know if someone in the community is traslanting to any lenguage the ruleset?
    Maybe you will?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information