STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 30 First ... 2345614 ... Last

Thread: SW Maker

Blog Entries
    Once you've created them using the NPC Maker, you can export all your creatures or just ones you select using the slash command "/export". It will make a library of whatever you categories you select or individual items that you drag and drop onto the export window.

Alternatively you can use tool's slash command "/makenpc-module". This is very similar to /export except that it doesn't bother you with other export options. In addition if you have put your NPC into different groups, they will be exported into own library pages. See attached images in this post for more info.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful, wonderful tool.

Using it to import characters for All for One right now - and the only thing that's problematic is Gear.

Typical King or Queen’s Musketeer
    Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6,
    Vigor d6
    Skills: Fighting d8, Intimidation d6, Notice d6, Riding
    d6, Shooting d6, Taunt d6
    Fencing Styles: Pick one
    Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 5
    Hindrances: Loyal
    Edges: Combat Reflexes
    Gear: Uniform, matchlock musket (Range: 12/24/48,
    Damage: 2d8, 10 actions to reload), rapier (Str+d4, +1
    Parry), horse
    Essentially the extra line breaks throw the importer off, and Attacks and Special aren't filled in (are they supposed to be?) on the Combat tab. On the Inventory tab the block cuts off after
    Gear: Uniform, matchlock musket (Range: 12/24/48,
    Attachment 8866

On exporting I get an error, though:

Script Error: [string "npcs/maketool.lua"]:208: export: Invalid parameters. Pretty much doesn't seem to matter what parameters I am entering in the dialog.
    Last edited by AstaSyneri; January 28th, 2015 at 16:26.

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post

Using it to import characters for All for One right now - and the only thing that's problematic is Gear.

Essentially the extra line breaks throw the importer off, and Attacks and Special aren't filled in (are they supposed to be?) on the Combat tab. On the Inventory tab the block cuts off after

Attachment 8866

Script Error: [string "npcs/maketool.lua"]:208: export: Invalid parameters. Pretty much doesn't seem to matter what parameters I am entering in the dialog.
    Seems like you found one thing that is not currently supported by the tool. I can take a look on it and try to make it compatible. Could you copy-paste some stat blocks from from your source to me (email to private). I would need those to replicate the issue and do fix for it.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post

Attachment 8866

After quickly checking this, there is minor error in export which I will fix soon (related converting campaign from SW into SW4, now I don't need to support SW3 anymore). The reason why your stat blocks are not read correctly is that your gear has : in range and damages. If you remove those then your stat block is fine, ie.
    "Gear: Uniform, matchlock musket (Range 12/24/48,
    Damage 2d8, 10 actions to reload), rapier (Str+d4, +1
    Parry), horse "

new lines do not break parsing, but the fact that : is used in majority of products to state that new section beings (skills, special abilities, gear etc) and thus should not be used within those sections. However I will try if I can enhance parsing slightly that you can have : within ()'s

v0.9 build 2

New version is uploaded. This update enhances parsing, fixes export bug and will auto-add token to created entries. The token will be the letter token based on entry name's first letter. One major difference is that the tool is no longer accessable from GM tools, instead there is new button in Personalities listing ("Make NPC") next to Encounters button, otherwise it works the same, but you can also drag-and-drop that button to your hotkeys.

AstaSyneri, you should be able to use the newest version to create NPCs from All for One stat blocks.

Blog Entries
    Personalities? What if one is using Deadlands where it's split between Humans and Critters?
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Double post, see below...
    Last edited by Ikael; January 28th, 2015 at 23:34.

Good point. Can you check if the button is in either of lists (suspect humans). Has anyone btw even used the tool with Deadlands? In any case you can always use slashcommand: /makenpc

Now that I think about it, Deadlands might have never been supported by the tool.

Thread Information