FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 42 of 105 First ... 3240414243445292 ... Last
    Omg... I found the problem... My test character is a Warlock, not a Wizard, and it seems that putting Wizard spells on a Warlock template cause this mess. I'm dumb and so sorry guys. It is working with a wizard character...
    Last edited by Egheal; March 19th, 2019 at 01:52.

Glad to hear you found out where you went wrong, happy gaming!
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by HuseyinCinar View Post
    "- Shift + scroll while hovering over a token, gives you an altitude counter for example, and the distance to your target is actually calculated with the height in mind." from the first post.

This doesn't exactly work on Macs. I have a mouse plugged in and using the wheel while holding Shift doesn't work. But using the track pad gives me the flight Counter.

Also, I've set the status icons as "Tiny" but the Flight Counter thing is HUUUGGGEEEE. Is there a way to make it smaller as well?
    I have this same issue. I'm using a MacBook Pro running FG 3.3.7, Combat Enhancer 1.5.1, Token Helper 1.1.2.

All other modifier keys work fine with scrolling (control - scroll rotates the token, option/alt - scroll scales the token). When I shift - left click, it opens the applicable sheet fine. When I shift - scroll though, I get nothing. Nothing appears in the console log either. If I use the built-in touchpad to scroll while holding shift, it works fine, and I get the desired result.

I'm running in a Windows 10 Pro Parallels VM. I use a full-size Mac bluetooth keyboard and a Logitech MX Master 2S mouse. I know there may be other factors at work here. Mac has its own settings for the mouse. Logitech Options has a series of settings. Parallels has some keyboard mappings as well. I made sure there were no custom mappings involving the shift key.

The issue is linked to Parallels (and Parallels Tools) overriding shift-scrolling to horizontal scroll, I think. The support team tells me there is no way to override this.

Is there any way we can get a different modifier key for altitude in this extension? Maybe control+shift, some other combination, or the ability to set the combo in options?

Good Day All
    I tried to load this extension (version 1.5.x) and when I try to do a ranged attack it gives the following error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:258: attempt to index global 'RangedAttack' (a nil value)

I tried starting a new campaign and this was the only extension running. I am sure it is something I placed in a wrong spot or something

I did put the Combat Enhancer folder in the Tokens/Host folder.

I reverted back to version 1.4.2 and the error is gone.

Thanks
    Last edited by Bonkon; March 21st, 2019 at 07:51. Reason: Forgot to say "Thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkon View Post
    Good Day All
    I tried to load this extension (version 1.5.x) and when I try to do a ranged attack it gives the following error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:258: attempt to index global 'RangedAttack' (a nil value)

I tried starting a new campaign and this was the only extension running. I am sure it is something I placed in a wrong spot or something

I did put the Combat Enhancer folder in the Tokens/Host folder.

I reverted back to version 1.4.2 and the error is gone.

Thanks
    This happened to me too. You need to have the Token Helper extension installed and activated in the campaign to make the ranged attack options and flanking melee options work.

Hi Styrmir, and others.

Having played a few sessions as DM with this extension enabled, I find that I often get confused with the NPC highlighting, the combat tracker jumping back and forth, and it constantly demanding focus.
    (I.e my thoughts here are from a DM/Host perspective, have not used it as a player)

This is not an error report or anything, and neither is it an expression of dissatisfaction, but I'm hoping we could perhaps have a small discussion about those features. I mean, I enjoy them, I just think they're a bit too insistent. Just airing some thoughts

Anybody else being a bit confused by this? It might be that it is just my brain being too easily distracted by those two squirrels over there, I mean look at them, so.. so fidgety...

I'll try to sum up my preference on clicking/highlighting/CT focusing:
    - I would prefer that the NPCs are not highlighted, and the combat tracker not brought to the foreground, unless I explicitly tell it to.
    - I would prefer that the combat tracker not jumped to the NPC I just clicked on.
    - The highlighting I would find more useful if it showed me all characters that are currently selected (or targeted), instead of whomever I last clicked on.
    - I would prefer, generally, highlighted NPCs not being expanded.

Note, these click I refer to is clicking tokens on the map. I'm quite pleased with the token highlighting on the map when you mouse over an NPC in the combat tracker.

I tried to map out how the extension does the various click, and how my preference is for that click.

Shift + Left click token
    - NPC is added to selection group.
    - NPC info window opened.
    - NPC highlighted in combat tracker.
    - Combat tracker jumps to NPC.
    - Combat tracker jumps to foreground

My preference:
    - NPC is added to selection group

Double click token
    - Works as two single left click. I.e. quickly selects then deselects (or opposite of already selected)

My preference:
    - NPC is expanded in combat tracker
    - No NPC selection/deselection
    (Note, I'm not sure if extensions can touch selection code, so the quick select/deselect might be FG stock functionality?)

Left click token
    - NPC is selected

My preference:
    - NPC is selected

Ctrl click token
    - NPC is targeted by selected NPCs

My preference:
    - NPC is targetted by selected NPCs

Alt click token
    - NPC is deleted from map

My preference:
    - I dunno. This is fine?

Alt+Ctrl click token
    - NPC is deleted from map and combat tracker

My preference:
    - I dunno. This is fine too?

Anyone have any thoughts about this. Or am I all alone in the void?

Regards,
    Tideturner

Quote Originally Posted by drakowulf View Post
    You need to have the Token Helper extension installed and activated in the campaign to make the ranged attack options and flanking melee options work.
    @Styrmir - if the main extension relies on another extension, I'd recommend setting it to have a dependency on the token helper extension in the main combat enhancer extension. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/properties.xcp and also see any DOE as these are set to depend on the DOE base extension.

You'll get a few people posting "why does my extension have a red X against it?" if they don't have the dependent extension - but it will hopefully save time and issues for most people in the long run.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have this same issue. I'm using a MacBook Pro running FG 3.3.7, Combat Enhancer 1.5.1, Token Helper 1.1.2.

All other modifier keys work fine with scrolling (control - scroll rotates the token, option/alt - scroll scales the token). When I shift - left click, it opens the applicable sheet fine. When I shift - scroll though, I get nothing. Nothing appears in the console log either. If I use the built-in touchpad to scroll while holding shift, it works fine, and I get the desired result.

I'm running in a Windows 10 Pro Parallels VM. I use a full-size Mac bluetooth keyboard and a Logitech MX Master 2S mouse. I know there may be other factors at work here. Mac has its own settings for the mouse. Logitech Options has a series of settings. Parallels has some keyboard mappings as well. I made sure there were no custom mappings involving the shift key.

The issue is linked to Parallels (and Parallels Tools) overriding shift-scrolling to horizontal scroll, I think. The support team tells me there is no way to override this.

Is there any way we can get a different modifier key for altitude in this extension? Maybe control+shift, some other combination, or the ability to set the combo in options?
    To answer my own post:

I made some edits to the manager_height.lua script file. I've never programmed in Lua before. There might be a better way to do this. First I tried with control and shift, and the shift key was failing to be recognized again.
    I've tested this. It retains the original functionality of just pressing control and alt independently.

function onWheel(target, notches)

if Input.isControlPressed() then
    if Input.isAltPressed() then
    --Debug.console("Hey control and alt are down on a token " .. target.getId());
    if not hasHeightWidget(target) then
    createHeightWidget(target);
    else
    if notches > 0 then
    doIncreaseHeight(notches,target);
    else
    doDecreaseHeight(notches,target);
    end
    end
    -- rotate token
    else
    target.setOrientation((target.getOrientation()+not ches)%8);
    end

elseif Input.isAltPressed() then
    -- resize token
    local scale = target.getScale();
    scale = scale + notches/10;
    if scale <= 0.1 then scale = 0.1 end
    target.setScale(scale);
    end

return true;
    end

This happened to me too. You need to have the Token Helper extension installed and activated in the campaign to make the ranged attack options and flanking melee options work.
    Good Day Drakowulf
    That did it, the sad part is I had that downloaded but forgot to enable the Token Helper not seeing it as Core RPG- Token Helper
    It still does not do the Disadvantage for long range, but at least it is a step in the right direction

Game starts in a couple hours so I will not mess with it right now
    Last edited by Bonkon; March 22nd, 2019 at 00:01. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Tideturner View Post
    Hi Styrmir, and others.

Having played a few sessions as DM with this extension enabled, I find that I often get confused with the NPC highlighting, the combat tracker jumping back and forth, and it constantly demanding focus.
    (I.e my thoughts here are from a DM/Host perspective, have not used it as a player)

This is not an error report or anything, and neither is it an expression of dissatisfaction, but I'm hoping we could perhaps have a small discussion about those features. I mean, I enjoy them, I just think they're a bit too insistent. Just airing some thoughts

Anybody else being a bit confused by this? It might be that it is just my brain being too easily distracted by those two squirrels over there, I mean look at them, so.. so fidgety...

I'll try to sum up my preference on clicking/highlighting/CT focusing:
    - I would prefer that the NPCs are not highlighted, and the combat tracker not brought to the foreground, unless I explicitly tell it to.
    - I would prefer that the combat tracker not jumped to the NPC I just clicked on.
    - The highlighting I would find more useful if it showed me all characters that are currently selected (or targeted), instead of whomever I last clicked on.
    - I would prefer, generally, highlighted NPCs not being expanded.

Note, these click I refer to is clicking tokens on the map. I'm quite pleased with the token highlighting on the map when you mouse over an NPC in the combat tracker.

I tried to map out how the extension does the various click, and how my preference is for that click.

Shift + Left click token
    - NPC is added to selection group.

My preference:
    - NPC is added to selection group

Double click token
    - Works as two single left click. I.e. quickly selects then deselects (or opposite of already selected)

My preference:
    - NPC is expanded in combat tracker
    - No NPC selection/deselection
    (Note, I'm not sure if extensions can touch selection code, so the quick select/deselect might be FG stock functionality?)

Left click token
    - NPC is selected

My preference:
    - NPC is selected

Ctrl click token
    - NPC is targeted by selected NPCs

My preference:
    - NPC is targetted by selected NPCs

Alt click token
    - NPC is deleted from map

My preference:
    - I dunno. This is fine?

Alt+Ctrl click token
    - NPC is deleted from map and combat tracker

My preference:
    - I dunno. This is fine too?

Anyone have any thoughts about this. Or am I all alone in the void?

Regards,
    Tideturner

Personally, it took me a while to get used to the way it currently works. But now that I have, I like it. A lot. Please don't change it.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Thread Information