5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 9 of 105 First ... 78910111959 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonimo View Post
    Thank you! That clears everything up! I was hoping that I could use the 3rd layer just for pointers but oh well! At least there is still the bottom layer for me to add effects on!
    I could be wrong about this, since I don't use this extension but I did play around once upon a time with Trenloe's original. At any rate the whole point of having more that one layer was so that the DM could put things on different layers to avoid a) token stacking issues and b) so that the DM could but tokens for effects, pointers, and tokens on the other layers so that players couldn't interact with them. The original reason AFAIK for writing the extension was so that the DM could effectively 'built' furniture onto a map with tokens and that this would prevent all sorts of token stacking issues. So this is perhaps a rather long way of saying that if you are adding stuff to a map such as spell effects, pointers or other tokens then you SHOULD be able to draw or place those on a different layer from whatever one the tokens are on. Of course As I said I am not sure since this extension completely changed the way the original worked so it may now have less functionality than the original.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I could be wrong about this, since I don't use this extension but I did play around once upon a time with Trenloe's original. At any rate the whole point of having more that one layer was so that the DM could put things on different layers to avoid a) token stacking issues and b) so that the DM could but tokens for effects, pointers, and tokens on the other layers so that players couldn't interact with them. The original reason AFAIK for writing the extension was so that the DM could effectively 'built' furniture onto a map with tokens and that this would prevent all sorts of token stacking issues. So this is perhaps a rather long way of saying that if you are adding stuff to a map such as spell effects, pointers or other tokens then you SHOULD be able to draw or place those on a different layer from whatever one the tokens are on. Of course As I said I am not sure since this extension completely changed the way the original worked so it may now have less functionality than the original.
    That's pretty much the way it's intended to be used:
    Map in bottom layer.
    Furniture, trees, building, effects, etc. if any added in middle layer.
    All tokens and interaction items in top layer.

It has up to date code from the Trenloes Enhanced Images (layers) extension, due to his fantastic work and generous sharing of that code, in the development build (not released yet). As I work on eradicating error messages and issues using background images in this extension as it has a number of additional functionality built in.

5e Combat Enhancer includes the layers code from Trenloes layers extension, with added code and functionality added on top. So it should do everything the layers extension does, and more.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Just a quick one, is the top layer the icon on the left?

No. When you use the "Toggle Layer Toolbar", the top layer is the rightmost button.

Actually, if you are dragging your own onto there, I'm pretty sure you can.

But the modules you buy will all be one layer, and thus, on the bottom.

-CS

Edit - realize now there were a bunch of replies.. I was trying to say you can use the 3rd layer for map pins, but you will have had to put them there. The way modules load that you buy has only the map, and that translates to layer 1.
    Last edited by JLBatman; January 9th, 2019 at 15:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    - Alt + left click on token. Deletes the token image from the map.
    - Alt + Ctrl + left click on token. Deletes the token image from the map and entry in CT.
    Would it be possible to see the coding for the quick remove?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddyjuice View Post
    At a quick guess search for

Input.isAltPressed

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    At a quick guess search for

Input.isAltPressed
    Thanks! I was able to add a new feature to my personal ext

Quote Originally Posted by Paddyjuice View Post
    You can extract the extension like any ZIP file in windows to look inside, or use the GitHub link to view the code directly.

The code you're looking for is in Scripts/Modifications.lua, you should see it straight away. And as damned said the keyboard input detection for Alt for example is Input.isAltPressed. Also under the init() code in the same file, you can see that I override the default on key press function for tokens and direct it to my own function below. Which is the function that actually handles the event.

ps. Just noticed that you'd actually found it. O well, I'll leave this here in any case if someone else is curios.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; January 11th, 2019 at 08:59.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    You can extract the extension like any ZIP file in windows to look inside, or use the GitHub link to view the code directly.

The code you're looking for is in Scripts/Modifications.lua, you should see it straight away. And as damned said the keyboard input detection for Alt for example is Input.isAltPressed. Also under the init() code in the same file, you can see that I override the default on key press function for tokens and direct it to my own function below. Which is the function that actually handles the event.

ps. Just noticed that you'd actually found it. O well, I'll leave this here in any case if someone else is curios.
    Thanks but I found it from just damned info ��, added it to my person ext.

Thread Information