STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 105 First ... 456781656 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhunt3r View Post
    Is there a trick to resize condition and altitude tokens ? On my PC they are way too big but on other screenshots seen in this thread they seems fine.
    Also i miss the "blood splash on death" from advanced Kombat, i know why you discontinued it but...
    Anyway you are doing an awsome work, thanks a lot.
    Attachment 25800
    I have made no changes to the code for the conditions nor altitude graphics. The sizes can be a bit "wonky", this may be something I look at, at some point if something can be done.

But in general, as it works currently, make sure you have a grid that isn't to small (50 pixels is pretty good). Another way to fix it can be to unlock the tokens, resize the tokens manually, then when you're happy with the condition graphic size lock to that size. Also make sure you're placing tokens on the top layer.

Blood splatter is still part of the extension. As I note early on in the first post:

Blood Splatter and Pointer Graphics to Copy.zip. Add the extracted folder within as per instructions inside to your Fantasy Grounds folder. This adds graphics for the blood splatters and a pointer graphics used in this extension.

So download that and follow the instructions.

Glad to hear you enjoy the extension.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Thank you for this quick reply, I will follow your advice 👍👏

I'd like to not immediately reveal when certain NPC's dies so there can be a bit of narration, either on my part or the players, for the death of a boss for example.

Would it be possible to perhaps have it look for a specific effect that makes it not auto-death that creature when it reaches 0 hit points?

Second-best would be the ability to disable this part of the extension altogether I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by iotech View Post
    FWIW Styrmir... I'd rather have layers than background images. We survived up til now without BG images, but I kinda got hooked on layers.
    This. This. This. This!
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Is there a trick to resize condition and altitude tokens ? On my PC they are way too big but on other screenshots seen in this thread they seems fine.
    Also i miss the "blood splash on death" from advanced Kombat, i know why you discontinued it but...
    Regarding condition and altitude icons, you'll have to do the following on basically every map:
    Quick rundown on adjusting effect icons:

1. Unlock token scale.
    2. Increase the size of a medium token until the condition icon scale fits what you want.
    3. Zoom in on the map until the map grid is the correct size relative to your token.
    4. Lock token scale.

As for blood splatters, they still work for me. Did Styrmir really discontinue it? I missed it if so.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Quote Originally Posted by Three of Swords View Post
    Regarding condition and altitude icons, you'll have to do the following on basically every map:
    Quick rundown on adjusting effect icons:

1. Unlock token scale.
    2. Increase the size of a medium token until the condition icon scale fits what you want.
    3. Zoom in on the map until the map grid is the correct size relative to your token.
    4. Lock token scale.

As for blood splatters, they still work for me. Did Styrmir really discontinue it? I missed it if so.
    Thank you for this step by step procedure concerning altitude and condition tokens, it helps a lot.
    For the blood splatters not showing on my FG session :
    It works now but i have a thing to do every session, otherwise they don't appear.
    At the start of the session i have to go to "Tokens" then clic the "GM" token button. The GM token folder appear and, after a few seconds freez, the tokens seems to be loaded into the memory, blood splatters are then functionnal.
    Last edited by Egheal; January 3rd, 2019 at 05:53.

It works now but i have a thing to do every session, otherwise they don't appear.
    At the start of the session i have to go to "Tokens" then clic the "GM" token button. The GM token folder appear and, after a few seconds freez, the tokens seems to be loaded into the memory, blood splatters are then functionnal.
    I've never had any issues with this myself since I started using the original extension (AK 1.0), and that part of the extension remains unchanged so far.
    My folder path is similar to C:\Fantasy Grounds\Data\tokens\host\items.
    I don't know if it makes any difference that I don't use the default path for keeping my Data (windows AppData path). Maybe there are some access right issues tripping you up.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; January 3rd, 2019 at 08:10.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Forecaster View Post
    I'd like to not immediately reveal when certain NPC's dies so there can be a bit of narration, either on my part or the players, for the death of a boss for example.

Would it be possible to perhaps have it look for a specific effect that makes it not auto-death that creature when it reaches 0 hit points?

Second-best would be the ability to disable this part of the extension altogether I suppose
    It's the same functionality as in the core game, the only difference is that it includes new graphics to make it more obvious. Where as in the core you'll also see it in the CT and if you have a health bar or bulb it goes grey. You could potentially remove the graphics from the folders that contain them if you don't want any visual indicators. Without testing it myself I could imagine this might incur errors, but you could always give it a try and see how it works out.

I doubt I'll add code to try to override the core FG functionality. This extension is more about adding new features on top than it is to remove them.
    But if I do, I'll make a note of that in any patch notes. Thank you for the suggestion.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; January 3rd, 2019 at 03:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    It's the same functionality as in the core game, the only difference is that it includes new graphics to make it more obvious. Where as in the core you'll also see it in the CT and if you have a health bar or bulb it goes grey. You could potentially remove the graphics from the folders that contain them if you don't want any visual indicators. Without testing it myself I could imagine this might incur errors, but you could always give it a try and see how it works out.

I doubt I'll add code to try to override the core FG functionality. This extension is more about adding new features on top than it is to remove them.
    But if I do, I'll make a note of that in any patch notes. Thank you for the suggestion.
    In vanilla you can completely hide the status of an NPC from the players by setting
    Code:
    Token (GM)
    Player: Show Enemy Health => Off
    and
    Code:
    Combat (GM) 
    View: Health - Non-ally => Off
    With both of these settings set to off the players cannot see if an NPC is healthy, critical or unconscious either in the CT or on the map.

Now, with Combat Enhancer, even with these options set up this way, once an NPC dies the entry in the combat tracker fades, there's a skull on the token on the map, and the token is moved to the bottom layers meaning the players can no longer interact with it. It's very obvious it's dead.

Now, while writing this I thought of a good potential solution, though I have little to no experience with FG extensions so I don't know if it's possible. But I'd love if you could optionally have it stop dealing damage automatically to an NPC once it's at 1 hp.

For example, Dr Doom starts out with 100 hp, fights the party for some time and now has 10 hp left.

Someone fires a fireball at him dealing 24 damage to him. Normally this would make him go unconscious and instantly tell the players he's down. But instead he now has 1 hp left, leaving me time to either narrate how the fireball incinerates him, leaving the players in suspense for a little bit, or, as Matt Mercer would say "How do you want to do this?".
    Once either of these things have transpired I can then manually set Dr Dooms hit points to 0, thus triggering the indicators that he's down.

Do you think this would be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Forecaster View Post
    In vanilla you can completely hide the status of an NPC from the players by setting
    Code:
    Token (GM)
    Player: Show Enemy Health => Off
    and
    Code:
    Combat (GM) 
    View: Health - Non-ally => Off
    With both of these settings set to off the players cannot see if an NPC is healthy, critical or unconscious either in the CT or on the map.

Now, with Combat Enhancer, even with these options set up this way, once an NPC dies the entry in the combat tracker fades, there's a skull on the token on the map, and the token is moved to the bottom layers meaning the players can no longer interact with it. It's very obvious it's dead.

Now, while writing this I thought of a good potential solution, though I have little to no experience with FG extensions so I don't know if it's possible. But I'd love if you could optionally have it stop dealing damage automatically to an NPC once it's at 1 hp.

For example, Dr Doom starts out with 100 hp, fights the party for some time and now has 10 hp left.

Someone fires a fireball at him dealing 24 damage to him. Normally this would make him go unconscious and instantly tell the players he's down. But instead he now has 1 hp left, leaving me time to either narrate how the fireball incinerates him, leaving the players in suspense for a little bit, or, as Matt Mercer would say "How do you want to do this?".
    Once either of these things have transpired I can then manually set Dr Dooms hit points to 0, thus triggering the indicators that he's down.

Do you think this would be possible?
    I'm having a look into this, to either adding custom menu items in the settings for this or taking into account those two default settings in the extensions. Depending on the amount of work required and how well it works, I might add this in a future update.

Thread Information