FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 21 First 1234513 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It isn't available yet. It will be pushed via the FG update system when it is.

That comment was regarding the screentshots in the PDF attached in post #1.
    Just to be clear, will it be released to all FG users (Even demo?) as part of an update or will it be a $0 item in the FG store?

Thanks for all of your hard work on this! It is really appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Ctmega View Post
    Just to be clear, will it be released to all FG users (Even demo?) as part of an update or will it be a $0 item in the FG store?
    From the main information page linked in post #1:

"SmiteWorks will be providing the Pathfinder Playtest Rulebook and Playtest Bestiary free of charge to all licensed customers and subscribers. "

So, no, demo users won't get access to it. My understanding is that it will be pushed via the FG update system when available (similar to the CoreRPG, 3.5E, 4E, PFRPG, 5E, etc. rulesets now). But that may be subject to change. It probably won't be a $0 item in the store, as the FG store doesn't handle $0 products well (actually, it's PayPal that doesn't handle it at all).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for clarifying! I appreciate the prompt response.

Trenloe, thanks so much for all your effort working on this. The amount of detailed work here learning Pathfinder 2 gives me a headache. Just learning the rules is going to be a challenge for me much less trying to code a module that uses that info to make characters and help run combat.

I know Unity is a moving target. Will this finished module be compatible with Unity when it is released? Asking because I’m imagining there will be some architectural changes between the systems.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zen2000 View Post
    I know Unity is a moving target. Will this finished module be compatible with Unity when it is released? Asking because I’m imagining there will be some architectural changes between the systems.
    Architecture changes - yes.
    Interface changes - most of these are being rolled out to the current engine as they are implemented in FGU.

Most products will probably need some work but one of the design goals is to maintain compatibility with the current rulesets and modules.

Thanks for the quick reply. Didn’t realize they were updating the current client to improve compatibility with FGU.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the quick reply. Didn’t realize they were updating the current client to improve compatibility with FGU.
    Not everything of course. If they could do everything they wouldnt do/need Unity.
    All the changes we see in FGClassic will be in FGUnity.
    Plus FGUs features (mapping, lighting, line of sight, networking, memory management, graphics handling etc) will be there as well - maybe not all at once at launch but there are many features to come with FGU over time.

At the end of the day, release 1 of FGU might not look that different to FGC but will have many under the hood improvements.

Right, I get that. Plus once FGU launches and FGC is phased out they can shift dev efforts to one app instead of two. FGU has much more room to grow.

Blog Entries
    Right, I get that. Plus once FGU launches and FGC is phased out they can shift dev efforts to one app instead of two. FGU has much more room to grow.
    For sure.
    I dont think their FGC plans are concrete yet.
    There is an indication that FGC might be supported for a couple of years after FGU is released but the bulk of efforts will be directed at FGU.

They have spent over 10,000 hours on FGU already.

Greetings! Stoked that this is coming.

Quick question. Will it be available for play for my game this weekend? Asking as Roll20 will have a character sheet at some point today that I can make do with for this weekends session if I absolutely have to. Much rather not have to prep that if FG's first iteration will drop by Friday.

Thanks for the hard work ahead of time!
    Don't flirt with death... You just might get laid.

Thread Information