STAR TREK 2d20

FGcon - Anyone want to run the same 5e encounter?

Hello fellow 5e DMs,

I want to run an encounter / mini-adventure during this upcoming FGCon. Furthermore, I really want to develop the encounter with other DMs, and then run it separately and compare notes. As I live in Japan and do not attend live conferences, I have no idea to what level organized play like this has evolved, or if it even exists anymore. (It did back in the 1980s --- Scourge of the Slavelords is a classic example.) I am hoping someone else can show me how this type of thing is done these days, or we can reinvent the wheel together and make up our own organized play. As I live in Japan, I could run a session in my evening, while someone else ran the same game offset by 8 to 12 hours. Then we could compare and see how well the different groups did.

Anyone interested?

K.

There's two forms of D&D organised play for 5e: D&D Encounters: https://dnd.wizards.com/playevents/encounters or the D&D adventurers league: https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/eve...ague-resources
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the links. That could be a model to go on, or we could go a completely different route. But first I need at least one (maybe more?) DM.

Blog Entries
    Hey spoofer - with the growing popularity of 5E Im really hoping a few 5e GMs will be able to run sessions.
    The other big challenge is chosing/building a one shot that is finishable within your time frame - its no fun when you run over time <guilty looks>
    There is no reason - with your TZ at +8 that we couldnt get a UK/Euro at +0 and a US at -4 to -7 which would allow almost everyone in everytime zone an opportunity to play.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    ...which would allow almost everyone in everytime zone an opportunity to play.
    Yes, that is what I am hoping to achieve.

Kevin

I am interested in this, I plan to run at least 2 and hopefully 4 x 5e games during FG Con. I am in New Zealand. 1 of those I would be happy to try your synchronised approach.
    Ultimate license

Blog Entries
    Woot!

Awesome! Let's swap emails so we can discuss what to run. Actually, I do not have any specific ideas and will be open to anything that will work well. We need someone from the Americas time zones.

Sounds good! these are the session times im thinking which give me greatest cover for UK and Aus players;
    Fri 8pm GMT
    Sat 6pm Aus
    Sat 8pm GMT
    Sun 6pm Aus.

I can also cover US timezones for some if required (swap some out 4 is plenty!)

I gave 17 hours per day to get in two 5 hour sessions so I have some flexibility.

Gadz.
    Ultimate license

I have emailed you my idea for the start of my game which will lead into my Campaign but will work well as a one-off adventure.
    Ultimate license

Thread Information