DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 16 First ... 31112131415 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    Getting the following error when adding a custom weapon:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:488: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)

Anyone know what the problem is?

GB
    Morning,

Which versions of the ruleset? 1.0.7a is in live, 1.0.8 is in Test.

It looks 1.0.7. In 1.0.8 I fixed some bugs for the Weapons. I'll test this today, so:

Create a New Weapon (which type), then drag it onto the Character Inv tab?

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

1.0.7a. It was with a custom weapon I created outside the ruleset with the following attributes:

<traylorm5a1> <name type="string">Traylor M5A1</name>
    <cost type="string">Lv1740</cost>
    <damage type="string">4d6+1 AP</damage>
    <heft type="number">0</heft>
    <isidentified type="number">1</isidentified>
    <locked type="number">1</locked>
    <magazine type="number">40</magazine>
    <mass type="number">3.5</mass>
    <notes type="formattedtext">
    <p>The M5A1 is a progressive development of the old M2 assault rifle. The M5A1 is a binary-propellant design, incorporating a three round 30 millimetre grenade launcher, along with hardened sights equipped with a red-dot, low-light and telescopic options, complete with an active/passive rangefinder. The rangefinder is used to feed fusing information to the grenades, enabling them to explode at set distances for enhanced effectiveness against dug-in troops.</p><p>While Army troops use the M-4A1 gauss rifle, Marines and SPECFOR troops prefer the M5A1.</p><p>Type: 9mm binary propellant assault rifle</p><p>Country: USA</p><p>Length: 75cm</p><p>Mass (Unloaded): 3kg</p><p>Action: Single shot or bursts</p><p>Ammunition: 9x40mm APHE</p><p>Muzzle Velocity: 1,200mps</p><p>Magazine: 40 rounds (separate propellant bottles for 120 shots)</p><p>Magazine Mass: 0.4kg</p><p>Propellant Bottle Mass: 0.1kg</p>
    </notes>
    <protection type="number">-1</protection>
    <range type="string">Rifle</range>
    <recoil type="number">1</recoil>
    <recordtype type="number">9</recordtype>
    <subtype type="string">Slug Throwers</subtype>
    <tl type="number">12</tl>
    <type type="string">Weapon</type>
    <auto type="string">4</auto>
    </traylorm5a1>
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

It also seems that dragging the custom weapon worked...it shows in the inventory, but it doesn't show up on the Actions tab. Do I have to recreate it there?
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Figured it out..it appears there was a new <skill type="string"> tag that was added between when I started the 2300 AD book and the current ruleset. It all seems to work now. One question, however..how would you calculate Armor Piercing?

GB

EDIT: Figured out the issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GunbunnyFuFu; January 19th, 2019 at 19:07.

EDIT: Figured out the issue.
    I'm currently working on Damage Types and Armour resistances etc

Any armour that a character is wearing should appear against them in the CT.

I will be making changes to this in the future but at the moment it should all work. I've noticed a bit of a bug in the armour section on Dr Thunder, so I'll fix that now (it's allowing a custom weapon to appear)
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Figured it out..it appears there was a new <skill type="string"> tag that was added between when I started the 2300 AD book and the current ruleset. It all seems to work now. One question, however..how would you calculate Armor Piercing?

GB
    Btw something not many people know. I did the Traveller ruleset so that I could do 2300. I spoke with Mongoose over this and was told it was being updated for MGT2E rules. So do let me know if there's something you need, I could look at an extension.

Dealing with the Super AP, AP, and Semi-Ap would be very helpful, even if that's something that we manually have to add to weapons (eg. weapon does 3d6 AP damage, means armor penetration is 3). This calculated would be very, very good IMHO.

GB

Dealing with the Super AP, AP, and Semi-Ap would be very helpful, even if that's something that we manually have to add to weapons (eg. weapon does 3d6 AP damage, means armor penetration is 3). This calculated would be very, very good IMHO.

GB
    I've just added Damage Types to the core ruleset, for AP, SAP, SeAP etc, would just require the data model being updated. Shouldn't be too hard to do that. I'm just thinking through Armour values against Damage Types.

Great! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help test! Going to run a 2300 AD session in the very near future.

Thread Information