DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 30 First ... 67891018 ... Last

Thread: SW Maker

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    @Ikael: just started using your extension and it's quite lovely! Teeny gripe: any idea why it changes an NPC's last name to lowercase?
    Yeah, converting stuff right now and it's annoying hehe

re: Deadlands... this is going to be an unpopular opinion... I know some guys like to code extra stuff into the extensions like this and add extra buttons to the sidebar but honestly, couldn't everything just go into the Personalities box for compatibility and just put a "Humans" and "Critters" tabs instead? Sometimes stuff like this is being clever for the sake of being clever rather than being useful or necessary. Just my two cents.
    Not unpopular. It has been discussed before. This has nothing to do with Ikael though. Humans have the Charisma derived stats, Critters don't. I believe Phantomwhale said he'll get rid of the separation between the two at some point. I agree it would be much easier for everybody, including himself.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    This has nothing to do with Ikael though. ... I agree it would be much easier for everybody, including himself.
    Oh, I know Ikael didn't do the Deadlands extension I was just adding my two cents to the above (off topic-ish) discussion. Deadlands in general seems very singular in doing its own thing within yet separate from the normal Savage Worlds thing though. At least until Rifts shows up publicly, then there will be two weirdos. Not that we'll be seeing Rifts here on FG though. ::sadpanda::

Blog Entries
    With the move towards the master lists, we want to start going back through and making the data paths and types more consistent. They've gone a little wide in the past. Deadlands is definitely one where the NPCs need to be consolidated so they fit in with other settings. Similarly, Sundered Skies has Skyships that will need to be moved back into the Vehicles section. On the plus side, you will be able to have lots of different settings open at once and have easy access to all the Edges, Hindrances, Vehicles, Personalities and more without having to open each one individually and navigate through library nodes to find them. To get there, we need our path structures to be more predictable and standard.

@Ikael: just started using your extension and it's quite lovely! Teeny gripe: any idea why it changes an NPC's last name to lowercase?
    I have made changes to name lowercasing logic. Now it will not affect letter cases unless name is written in all upper or lower cases, in those cases in will capitalize the first letter and lower case all others.
    Last edited by Ikael; August 15th, 2016 at 19:39.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

FG v3.2 compatible version available

Version 0.9 (build 9) is now available. This version is dependent on Fantasy Grounds v3.2 version and won't work otherwise. This update also contains following features:

• NPC name lettercase logic was improved
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

It would be wrong of me not to take the time to thank you for this excellent extension. Thank you, I greatly appreciate it!

Hi,
    I am totally new to both FG and Savage Worlds, but a fast learner.
    Could someone please tell me where or how I install the extensions?
    Tried scouring the forums, but got overwhelmed with it all.
    I really am enjoying learning the system, seems like a lot of fun for someone who has not RPed regularly for 20+ years and is now discovering the beauty of FG!

Thanks in advance,

Jaxer

Blog Entries
    Welcome Jaxer.

On the FG Splash Screen click on the Explorer Icon top right. Copy the extensions (.ext files) to the /extensions folder and close and restart FG. You will then be able to activate extensions on the Create New Campaign or Load Campaign screens.

Check out the FG manual here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...UserManual.pdf

and there are soooo many good Savage Worlds games running at FG Con. Come and play a couple of games and meet some other players and GMs.

FG Con 9 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 14-16 2016
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Hi and thank you! I'm having all kinds of shenanigans with this software, steep learning curve, but you've helped me iron out that query.

I'll try and get along to the convention, work permitting.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxer67 View Post
    Hi and thank you! I'm having all kinds of shenanigans with this software, steep learning curve, but you've helped me iron out that query.
    Welcome to the FG forums!

The User Guide in the Wiki is a good place to go: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...hp/User_Guides
    As are the video tutorials: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Videos

For Savage Worlds there are two user guides installed with the ruleset. Click the icon damned mentions above to open a file explorer window at the FG app data root, and then look in the "docs" directory for "Savage Worlds Deluxe Documentation.pdf" and "Savage Worlds 4 Supplement-1.2.pdf".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information