Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Is Exalted (3e or ?) in the future line-up?

Asking for a friend as I don't run Exalted games; heck, I'm lucky to even function enough to play in one. Anyway, I have a friend that runs an Exalted 3e game over at R20 and I'm trying to get him over here, but I didn't see Exalted in the lineup of supported rule-sets, so I'm just curious if it's maybe in the future lineup, or if anyone has considered it at all - or it won't ever be - etc.

Thanks & Cheers

There is not a dedicated Exalted ruleset available that I have seen, and I haven't heard of anyone working on one.

However, the forum user, Damned, did enhance the MoreCore generic ruleset to support Exalted rolls according to this thread.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post425741

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks Moon Wizard. I had a look over that thread pretty thoroughly and I think there’s enough there he could run with it.

As I read through the posts I realized that on R20 we’re just calculating our own stat & abilities and then picking the amount of d10s to toss. We don’t even use the vid/voice there as we play on Skype. He just uses the VTT for his hand drawn maps & the dice roller.

Anyway, with what you provided and what functions I recall using “over there” I don’t see why we can’t run the games here.

Thanks for the info.

Blog Entries
    I have not yet done the Exalted Rolls... Still on my list... Am working some Tardis magic and a Secret Project just at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I have not yet done the Exalted Rolls... Still on my list... Am working some Tardis magic and a Secret Project just at the moment.
    “Tardis” anything gets my approval, and how could I possibly criticize “a Secret Project”?

Knowing it’s on the someday-agenda will make my Exalted-Crazy friend very happy.

There was a pretty decent ruleset for 2E that we used to run some sessions. I think I still have it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by feldrol View Post
    There was a pretty decent ruleset for 2E that we used to run some sessions. I think I still have it somewhere.
    I wouldn't mind having a look at it. I think my buddy owns every, single thing printed for Exalted 2e, so I'm sure he would like it. He bought the 'special' buy-in whatever-and-whatnot on their Kickstarter for Third Edition. Pretty nicely bound book he has for it.

Heres is the link to the original download :
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...xalted-Ruleset

I tweaked a version for my DM to more easily follow up initiative on the tick system, but I do not currently have it no my computer. If someone is really interested by it, PM me and I will see if I can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by feldrol View Post
    Heres is the link to the original download :
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...xalted-Ruleset

I tweaked a version for my DM to more easily follow up initiative on the tick system, but I do not currently have it no my computer. If someone is really interested by it, PM me and I will see if I can find it.
    Thanks for everything feldrol.

So I was telling my Exalted buddy about this thread and he asked me a question that I'm going to pass on here, so I hope I get it right. Ideally, some of you are familiar enough with Exalted to know what the heck I'm trying to ask; I'm an absolute Exalted-Noob, so I'm constantly mixing up dice rolls, charms & spells, stats & abilities, yadda yadda. So here's his question... I think...

"Will Fantasy Grounds allow me to make a macro (or similar, effect??) so that we can roll 'n#' d10s, have it re-roll 5s and 6s, and then also point out or count the number of 1s rolled?"

I guess the idea here is - again I know jack about Exalted - you're wanting to count up the number of 7s, 8s, and 9s you roll because those are successes; even better if the macro or whatever can count 10s as two successes. Then you have an ability or charm or something that allows you to re-roll 5s and 6s, so it would need to not only re-roll those but count any successes as mentioned above. Then it needs to tally the number of 1s because the count of failures potentially plays into an enemy's ability that uses your failures against you.

I'm making my way through so many FG tutorials right now - as we speak, actually - so I appreciate everyone's patience if the answer to my question is in my near future.

Currently the ruleset counts success above a threshold you can define on screen : There is a number (default :7) that you can change just by clicking on it, in game.
    10s are already counted as two succeses.
    I post an image to show how the ruleset looks with success counts.
    exalted 2e screenshot.png
    Regarding having 5's or 6s being rerolled, it can be done BUT it is not as easy as a macro. You must do some programing work in the ruleset, and messing with dicerolls coding is not very intuitive. (took me quite some time to understand it). Counting 1' is easier but still needs some coding.
    A nice feature of the ruleset is you have character sheets for all kinds of exalted (solar, lunar, sidereal...)
    Last edited by feldrol; February 23rd, 2019 at 16:43.

Thread Information