DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 89 First ... 9101112132161 ... Last
    Trenloe,

In running a game today we noticed something - might be since the graphics update - but first we've noticed. The fog of war on the players side is transparent and they could see behind the mask. Is that a new issue?
    Also - when the DM uses a destiny point - does that alter the player die pool automatically the way the player dropping it on their pool? I don't seem to be doing it properly and the players have to manually adjust .
    Last edited by Talen; August 2nd, 2015 at 23:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Trenloe,

In running a game today we noticed something - might be since the graphics update - but first we've noticed. The fog of war on the players side is transparent and they could see behind the mask. Is that a new issue?
    Also - when the DM uses a destiny point - does that alter the player die pool automatically the way the player dropping it on their pool? I don't seem to be doing it properly and the players have to manually adjust .
    To clarify what Talen meant (and what we meant during the game) was that we could see through the map entirely - not what was masked. Meaning if we had a character sheet up under the map, we could see the character sheet behind the map (NOT the masked area of the map.)

Hmm. The backgrounds are slightly transparent in order to provide a "projected" appearance. I wonder if the mask layer is glitching out? I will have to test this when I get back to a computer with fantasy grounds. I am in the middle of moving and no internet until the 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonthelamb View Post
    To clarify what Talen meant (and what we meant during the game) was that we could see through the map entirely - not what was masked. Meaning if we had a character sheet up under the map, we could see the character sheet behind the map (NOT the masked area of the map.)
    It's a slight transparency, it's not 100% transparent. For example, the following shows very slight transparency with a little bit of the underlying windows showing:

Is this really much of an issue?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosolo View Post
    Hmm. The backgrounds are slightly transparent in order to provide a "projected" appearance. I wonder if the mask layer is glitching out?
    Nope, it's not glitching out. The mask uses the underlying imagebox.png frame file, which has a slight transparency on it.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 7th, 2016 at 03:13.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's a slight transparency, it's not 100% transparent. For example, the following shows very slight transparency with a little bit of the underlying windows showing:

Is this really much of an issue?
    nope....not from my perspective- and I'm glad Jason clarified, because I misunderstood the impact on the player side.
    Regarding the gm use of the destiny chits- is that a manual adjustment to change the player dice pool, or user error on my part?

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Regarding the gm use of the destiny chits- is that a manual adjustment to change the player dice pool, or user error on my part?
    Manual at present. Drag the token onto the desktop (just so it flips over) and ask the player to press the purple + sign in the top left of the dice pool window which upgrades the difficulty of the dice pool.

I'm planning on investigating if it's straightforward to implement them by the GM dragging to the dice pool viewer and/or player portrait.

[QUOTE=Trenloe;224707]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosolo View Post
    Hmm. The backgrounds are slightly transparent in order to provide a "projected" appearance. I wonder if the mask layer is glitching out?QUOTE]
    Nope, it's not glitching out. The mask uses the underlying imagebox.png frame file, which has a slight transparency on it.
    Ok. Thanks Trenloe. Can't wait to be back online.

The first extension for the ruleset is available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Text-extension

This is an extension that takes the base critical hit data from the ruleset and allows you to (personally and privately) modify it to display the full (copyright protected) critical injury text - rather than the "See page XXX..." text.

I can't provide the full critical injury text in the base ruleset for copyright reasons. But this extension will allow you to spend approx. 10-15 minutes to enter the copyright text into the extension (XML editing required) and use it to display full critical hit info in your own games. Please don't share any resulting extension if it contains copyright data.

That's awesome Trenloe, can't wait to test it. On a side note I will be updating my starship/vehicle library to reflect changes from the latest core book release.

Thread Information