STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Alpha testing

ah, I see, I had similar things at least for doors. What happens when you have the door overlap the wall but the walls are not overlapping? (and the token should maybe be then moved next to or in front of the door to produce a glitch)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    ah, I see, I had similar things at least for doors. What happens when you have the door overlap the wall but the walls are not overlapping? (and the token should maybe be then moved next to or in front of the door to produce a glitch)
    In this case if Walls are fine it's ok even if door overlap.
    I guess it's more complex to reproduce than Simple overlap. Certainly a combination of different factors because the room next to this one was fine even if Walls were also overlaping.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Acererak View Post
    It was not linked to the door, it's the same with or without it. But it came from overlapping walls.
    As soon as I removed one of the two overlaped walls on room right wal, all was ok again. With one overlap it was working, with two I had the issue.

Attachment 28626
    Attachment 28627

Regarding terrains it's then a misunderstanding on my side on how to use them.Forget my remark. I thought it was possible to use a line and you have LOS on one side and not at the opposite.
    I don't quite understand differences with doors then ?
    Thanks. That is helpful. I hadn't noticed the overlapping walls.

Another dice launch issue. When I grabbed four D12, I launched them into the chat window, but only three rolled. I believe the fourth one release off-screen as I released fast and hard close to the edge of the window. I’d suggest launching ALL the dice as long as the mouse cursor remains in the chat window. Otherwise, dice may be MIA and players/DM may not notice.

I spoke too soon... I just noticed the game DID pay attention to all four dice (it just only showed three dice). So it’s just an aesthetic bug. Not all four dice show rolling, but the chat picks up all four dice for the result.

LOW PRIORITY
    Last edited by Guoccamole; August 24th, 2019 at 17:14.

I just noticed something about my MIA dice (minor) issue. When you "miss" the dice table, and the dice go 'flying', they take a loooooong time to finish rolling. :-) So while the issue is cosmetic, it also has a downside in terms of delay of the free/flying dice settling down to their final result(s). :-)

This was previously noted as FGU-43. Basically, any dice released outside the chat box fall off the table, and results are read after the die roller times out. It's been around a while, but it's not a high priority. Basically, we need to implement a way to "crowd" the dice into the box in the case where they are outside the box at the beginning of the roll.

Regards,
    JPG

Hi,

I start testing player side to see if feasable to test an Alpha game and found a strange LOS behavior :

Creation mode :
    Creation view.JPG

GM View ok
    GM View.JPG

Player's view show a strange hidden area right bottom of token
    Player view.jpg

I've filed as FGU-498 for Carl to review.

Thanks,
    JPG

Hi,

He re is a new bunch of remarks after having work quite some time on map creation.

Performances issues :
    I continue to encounter real performances issues. I can't see any improvement since FG classic.
    To give you an idea my config is :
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz, 2933 MHz, 2 cœur(s), 4 processeur(s) logique(s)
    6Go ram
    Windows x64 version 1903
    (But also tested on i7 32Go without significative improvement)
    To attain selection screen on launch: 8 sec
    Once Host campaign selected (cloud) : 1min56 to attain user interface
    In map wall creation mode:
    -1sec delay to select a point
    -6sec between suppression key press and deletion of selected point
    -Zoom using mouse wheel has a 5 sec delay reaction
    It was better at begining of the map creation, near the end with a lot of objects it was nearly unmanageable at all :-(

Miscelaneous remarks :
    When I select Secret door point, they highlight red while expecting blue. It works well but confusing. I'm not sure to have selected right one.

When creating squares, at least on doors and secret doors, 5 points are created instead of 4. When I move this points to align a door to a wall for example, there is one additional useless point to handle each time.

When 2 terrain lines (green) create an intersection, removing middle point does not delete related lines as it does with wall lines, only the point itself is removed. May be as designed ?

There is one secret door I can't open or close in my map, I can't select it at all but I did not find which was the exact trigger of this issue. Maybe you can reproduce using my Sunless Citadel Fortress map posted in LOS dedicated thread. This is the bottom right secret door in bottom right corner round room.

Idea:
    Would it be possible to have a setup to choose if we want to keep discovered terrain visible (except tokens) as it works for now or if LOS fow would always return to complete dark even if previously discovered?
    I previously played this way on some dungeons adventures for players to have to manage their maps. This way they had to track their way as i was hidden again path behind them using FOW.
    I agree this is situational, but if this can be easily implemented it would be a real nice to have feature (at least for me �� )

Acecerak,

Thanks for your reports. Questions and comments below:

Regarding strange LOS behavior reported a few posts ago
    * Can you try with the latest version and let us know if you still see that? We've put in many fixes for LOS over the last couple of weeks, and we can't seem to recreate.

Regarding performance in launcher
    * What do you mean when you say "attain selection screen on launch"? Are you talking about from first launch until you see launch screen? Are you talking about after you click Host or Join buttons? If Host button, how many campaigns do you have created?

Regarding performance when editing maps
    * It should be slightly better with the current version, though we continue to look at more improvements.
    * A copy of your campaign as well as an idea of what you're doing will help us focus efforts. (videos or pictures of you in action when performance degrades).

Secret door selected point color
    * Filed as FGU-504

5 points instead of 4 on squares
    * Can you walk me through exact steps you follow? Are you using square or line tool when making these squares? If line tool, how are you ending wall draw (double-click or Enter)? Do you have snap mode enabled?

Removing Points
    * For wall and secret blocker types: When removing selected points from a blocker, you can choose to either Delete (which breaks the line segment) or Remove (which preserves the segment, but only removes the point). This is why there are two separate deletion type buttons in the LOS toolbar. These can also be activated by the Delete and Backspace keys, respectively.
    * For terrain and door blocker types, these blockers segments must be closed polygons to support the ability to see into, but not out of the shape. So, both deletion and remove are identical (i.e. preserve segment).

Secret Door Button
    * The most recent update should widen the ability to see the secret blocker open/close button for lines (vs. polygons).
    * The next update will create a bounding box for lines that is even easier to click.

Terrain LOS Idea
    * I'm not sure I'm following. But, are you basically asking for a per-map option to disabled the LOS history, and only allow tokens to see what is currently in LOS?

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information